DeBreath Native from Waves is a plug-in that can rescue the otherwise perfect vocal take that is marred by too much heavy breathing. That can be especially obvious when close-mic'ing a singer.
The plug-in utilizes a unique algorithm that automatically detects and separates a vocal take into two distinct components-only voice and only breath. At which point it is a simple matter of lowering the unwanted intrusions.
For situations where breath removal might sound artificial, a control allows for adding room tone to cover up the reduction or removal.
- Unique template-matching algorithm for breath detection
- Breath and Energy display graphs
- Voice-only or Breath-only monitoring
- Up to 24-bit/96 kHz resolution
- Mono only
- Breath - 0% to 100% breath threshold
- Energy (Gate) - -64 dB to 0 dB energy threshold
- Reduction - -infinity to 0 dB gain reduction
- Reduction Meter - -infinity to 0 dB
- Fade Out - 0.1 ms to 200 ms
- Fade In - 0.1 ms to 200 ms
- Monitor - voice or breath
- Room Tone - white noise on/off