The Overloud Mark Studio 2 Bass Amp Simulator from ILIO provides you with software emulations of six Markbass amplifier heads, nine Markbass cabinets, and a full featured virtual pedalboard to complete your virtual rig.
The TA501 500W Bass head emulation helps smooth out your sound with a modeled onboard tube compressor, featuring a JJ Electronics ECC81 tube. Tone-wise, your sound is warmed up by the virtual tube even when the compressor is off. It also includes foot-switchable mute-to-tune, an EQ bypass, ground lift to eliminate hum, Markbass' VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) and VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter) filters.
The model of the Markbass Classic 300 tube bass head also features emulations of JJ Electronics tubes–2 ECC83 preamp tubes, 2 ECC99 tubes, and 6 KT88 power tubes, which give you the warmth and fullness of the great old amps that are now aging or retired. The emulation also models the onboard microprocessor of the hardware equivalent that re-biases your tubes every time you start up the Markbass Classic amp.
The Markbass R500 bass head model features a tube preamp that will break up in a musical way, and a newly designed limiter that produces distortion. The simple 4-band EQ gives you all you need to access a wide range of sounds for any genre. Virtual controls also include a gain knob for the amount of tube overdrive and a master knob is for your volume.
The Little Mark Tube solid-state/tube head emulation gives the warmth and richness of a tube preamp, or the clean attack of a solid-state preamp, or a mix of both. Additional features include solid-state/tube mix control, four bands of equalization, VLE and VPF filters, line out level control, pre-post EQ switch, and mute control (push-pull on the master knob).
The TTE 500 tube head model brings together current technology with classic tone concepts in a head that looks and sounds vintage, but features some special adaptations of Markbass’ innovations. The classic sound comes from an old-style tube preamp, a tube compressor, a simple 3-band passive EQ section, a "Color" filter (a tube adaptation of the famous Markbass VLE control), and an innovative Tube Technology Emulator power amp.
The software even emulates the high-quality components and gold-plated circuits of the T1M-HE tube preamp module that give it such good sound fidelity. Its tube reproduces every detail of the instrument's tone with good definition, offering tube warmth without distortion. This module also features a handy mute switch.
The EQ7G tone control module features 7 bands of graphic equalization, set at 40 Hz, 80 Hz, 250 Hz, 400 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, and 4 kHz. Illuminated by yellow LEDs, this graphic EQ allows you to see your tone shaping on any dark stage.
The MoMark MVVL-HE master control module features master volume control, the trademark Markbass VLE and VPF filters, and Line Out level control. Emulations of gold-plated circuitry and high-quality components make the MVVL-HE the master module of choice for audiophile bassists. This module completes the high-end set of MoMark modules, along with the T1MHE and S1M-HE preamp modules and the EQ44S-HE EQ module.
The Mark Studio 2 also features a pedalboard which covers a bass player's needs. The Octaver is a synthesizer which produces two extra voices: one octave and two octaves below the original. The Envelope Filter delivers classic, analog, envelope filter sounds in an easy-to-use and compact pedal designed specifically for bass. The Compressor is a state-of-the-art tube compression tool which allows you to shape the dynamics of the bass track. By focusing the overdrive in the midrange, the Distortion pedalboard retains low-end thunder and high-end sizzle while distorted mids blaze a path through even the densest mix. The Chorus is an all-analog pedal that uses bucket-brigade circuitry to create classically lush, liquid textures that are difficult to get with digital circuitry.
- Six top-tier Markbass amp models: TA501, R500, Classic 300, TTE500, Little Mark Tube and MoMark
- Nine Markbass cabinets: STD 151HR (rear-ported 1 x 15"), STD 152HR (rear-ported 2 x 15"), STD 104HR (rear-ported 1 x 15"), STD 104HF (front-ported 4 x 10"), STD 106HF (front-ported 6 x 10"), Classic 108 (sealed 8 x 10"), Traveler 121H (front-ported 1 x 12"), New York 804 (front-ported 4 x 8"), and New York 122 (front-ported 2 x 12")
- Choice of octave, envelope filter, bass chorus, distortion and compressor pedalboards
- Choice of six microphones (Dynamic 52, Dynamic 112, Tubed, Ribbon 112, Dynamic 57, Condenser 47) plus a preset combination of two front microphones
- Faithful reproduction of every characteristic and nuance of Markbass amps and cabinets
- Ultra-flexible signal path makes it easy to balance the Direct (plug-in) input, Line Out (amp direct Out), and Mic Output levels
- Each mic/cabinet combination has been recorded in a high-end studio by Italian sound engineers
- More than one microphone can be used simultaneously: main (woofer), tweeter and, where applicable, rear bass reflex (port)
- Ultra Bass frequency control for extra-deep sound with one mouse click
- Vast amounts of factory presets designed by top engineers and Markbass artists
- Full MIDI support
- Very low CPU usage
- Any parameter can be automated in the plug-in version