The OC Bass from Whirlwind is a compact, pedal-style optical compressor and limiter specifically designed for use with your electric bass. The pedal can be switched between compressor and limiter modes. While both modes are designed to help your bass sound blend more evenly into the mix during live and studio performances, the limiter mode features a more aggressive gain reduction. The attack switch changes between three pre-defined attack rates, "fast", "medium" and "slow." This adjustable parameter can come in handy to make the attacks in your playing sound more pronounced. The pedal's input control adjusts the gain of the signal going into the compressor or limiter and, therefore, the amount of compression. The output knob adjusts the overall volume of the pedal.
- Optical compressor that uses a light and a light detection element to sense changes in signal gain
- Compressor and limiter modes help your bass performances blend into the mix by evening out the louder and softer levels in your playing, smoothing out the dynamic range
- Three pre-defined attack rates - "fast", "medium" and "slow," make the attacks in your playing more pronounced to various degrees. This can be useful to accentuate string attacks when playing quietly or when playing with a drummer to help your performance sound more "locked" with the kick drum
- Input control adjusts amount of gain going into the compressor or limiter and the amount of gain reduction. Output knob adjusts the overall volume of the pedal. Adjust these two controls to find the appropriate amount of volume and signal reduction to make the dynamics in your playing sound smoother and more even
- Gain reduction LEDs display the amount the signal is being attenuated due to compression or limiting in dBs