The Whirlwind MultiSelector 4X is a bidirectional instrument/amplifier switcher that provides noiseless switching between channels using computer-grade digital logic to control optical switches. This single rack space unit features versatile 1 in to 4 out or 4 in to 1 out routing to perform almost any signal-switching task in an instrument or keyboard rig. Only one input to output connection is active at a time.
The MultiSelector 4X can be used to assign one of four instruments to one amplifier, or to assign one instrument to any one of the four audio inputs. Since the connections are direct (non-buffered) through an optical switch circuit, there are no clicks or pops that you often get with mechanical relay switching.
The rear panel features unbalanced 1/4" jacks for signal input and output, a 9VDC power jack for connecting the included linear power supply, and a female XLR connector for connecting the MLTSELPRO4XR Remote Footswitch (sold separately). Four momentary switches on the front panel allow you to select the channel, with the active channel identifiable by a red LED. Activating a channel disconnects the previous selection. A separate green LED indicates the connection of the remote footswitch.
- Send one input to one of four outputs
- Route any one of four inputs to a single output
- Totally silent optical switching
- Selecting a channel on the rack or remote turns off the previous selection
- Can be connected to the MLTSELPRO4XR Remote Footswitch (sold separately) with an ordinary XLR microphone cable (sold separately)