The MultiSelector AMP 1 x 4 Amplifier Switcher from Whirlwind is a unidirectional 1-to-4 instrument amplifier switcher. This one-space rack unit has a single input that can be fed to up to 4 outputs simultaneously, with totally silent switching and complete ground isolation between amplifiers.
The input is electronically buffered with an input impedance of 1 MΩ, delivering pristine frequency response when used with instruments with passive pickups. The signal passes through the MultiSelector AMP Switcher transparently with no coloration. The digitally controlled optical switching is completely silent and routes the input to the 4 outputs, any combination of which can be selected at the same time.
All 4 outputs are buffered so you can have multiple amps selected at the same time without encountering ground loop hums and noise. Each output has a ground lift switch and a polarity reverse switch to optimize the sound when using multiple amplifiers. The rear panel contains a 1/4” input jack, 4 unbalanced 1/4” output jacks, and male XLR connector for connecting the remote footswitch (sold separately). The unit is AC powered for ultimate performance and no wall wart. The MultiSelector AMP Switcher is set for 120V operation.
Four momentary switches on the front panel turn the channels on and off, with each active output identified by a blue LED. All 4 outputs of the MultiSelector AMP can be switched on at the same time. A separate green LED indicates connection of the MLTSELAMPR Remote Foot Controller (sold separately).
- Multiple amplifier switcher drives up to 4 amplifiers simultaneously
- Single high impedance input provides sonic transparency
- Each output is selected independently on the rack or optional remote
- Totally silent optical switching
- Transformer isolated outputs eliminate ground loops
- Polarity switches compensate for wiring or acoustical phase differences
- AC powered for ultimate performance