This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Ewa-Marine U-BFZ Underwater Housing for DSLR Cameras is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your digital SLR camera and lens. It accepts a variety of cameras, such as the Canon EOS 1D, the Nikon D3, the Sony Alpha 900 or the Leica S, and will fit camera / lens combinations up to 9" (23 cm) in length. The housing's integrated, optically neutral flat glass lens port will accommodate lenses with up to a 72mm filter thread. All lenses must have internal focusing. The housing has a depth rating of 32.8' (10 m).
The U-BFZ provides access to all camera functions, which are operable through the housing. In addition to the little finger insert that lets you operate the shutter release with your right forefinger, the U-BFZ features an integrated glove designed for left-handed use. It allows you to cradle the camera and lens the same way you would when using the camera without the housing. Having your hand on the lens enables you to operate the camera and lens manually.
The housing is constructed from clear double laminated PVC. It comes with an Ewa-Marine CAF adapter system set for connecting the camera's lens to the inside of the lens port. Adapters with a filter thread of 52, 55, 58 and 62mm are included. You may also purchase optional 67mm or 72mm adapters.
Two clamping rails anodized for corrosion resistance fit together to form a watertight seal; you can tighten them via three screw knobs. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case is not meant for submersion, but will protect your gear against splashes.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 32.8' (10 m)
- Control Access
- Provides access to all camera functions, which are operated through the housing. There is a little finger insert enabling you to operate the shutter release with your right forefinger. An integrated glove designed for left-handed use allows you to cradle the camera and lens as you would when using the camera without the housing. Having your hand on the lens lets you operate the camera and lens manually
- Crafted from clear double laminated PVC. The housing's watertight seal is created via two clamping rails that fit together. The rails are anodized for corrosion resistance and can be tightened via three screw knobs
- Lens Port
- Integrated, optically neutral flat glass port accommodates lenses with up to a 72mm filter thread. Camera / lens combinations up to 9" (23 cm) in length will fit. All lenses must have internal focusing
- CAF Adapter System Set
- Lets you connect the camera's lens to the inside of the lens port, to ensure that the lens stays securely in place. Included are adapters with a filter thread of 52, 55, 58 and 62mm. You may also purchase optional 67mm or 72mm adapters
- Included Items
- A packet of drying agent CD5 helps prevent the buildup of moisture in the housing, which could of course be harmful to your camera. Also supplied is enough foam padding to fill up any extra space inside the housing. This is used to prevent your camera from bouncing around. The foam would only be necessary when shooting above the water's surface, because underwater, the water pressure will compress the housing, getting rid of any excess space and providing a snug, secure fit. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case is not safe for submersion in water, but it will keep your gear dry if it's splashed