The W8900 8 Bay 2U Rackmount Windows Storage Server from Thecus provides a network platform that allows you to access computers that are running Windows Server 2008 R2. This server offers new tools to manage and fulfill business needs. The RemoteFX and Dynamic Memory are two additions to the latest Windows Storage Server Service Pack 1 (SP1) that increase user flexibility and control.
This server delivers a cost effective, reliable and scalable solution. The W8900 Server allows easy integration within a Microsoft infrastructure and a finer optimization for Windows transfer protocols. This has a more familiar interface that helps you manage and protect essential business data.
Microsoft updates the server to maintain its security level. The Windows ecosystem enables functions such as replication, anti-virus and data backup. It features enhanced power, data and server management capabilities. In this server, traditional file protocols (NFS, SMB) are optimized to work better together. The server delivers USB 3.0 connectivity that is 10x faster than USB 2.0.
- Single-Instance Storage (Dedup)
- When data is sent to multiple users, single-instance storage allocates data to be stored once, eliminating the need to duplicate data storage. This results in reduced data storage and improved data backups. Single-instance storage is most functional when transferring data to large distribution directories by improved delivery efficiency. This saves up to 60% in storage capacity.
- No Windows Server CALs Required
- No required CALs (Client Access Licenses) benefits users with the ability to access the services of the server without a permit. With this, business users can get direct authorization of pre-user or pre-device. With no CALs required, users are able to access data on demand, without the troubles of CALs.
- PCIe Gen2
- The evolved PCIe Gen2 offers innovative technology that saves costs with an efficient narrow configuration. It provides the same bandwidth as PCIe with half the number of lanes while doubling the transfer rate of the previous generation PCIe. The aim is to save on cost and provide an improved PCIe for users. It also provides a significant improvement on system performance over PCIe, allowing users to benefit from faster transfer speeds and connectivity.
- HDMI Output
- This makes your NAS Server the ultimate multimedia hub by allowing you to connect your NAS directly to your TV for device management, web browsing with Flash support and even HD video playback.
- 10 GbE Ready
- Today's high-end data centers routinely require a degree of speed that average Internet is simply incapable of providing. This NAS Server is 10 GbE ready, to satisfy the toughest needs of today and tomorrow.
- USB 3.0 Connectivity
- USB 3.0 connectivity provides speeds 10x faster than USB 2.0. USB 3.0 connects digital cameras and smart phones, backs up large external hard drives and extends the capacity of your NAS Server in no time at up to 5 Gbps. The NAS Server's backwards compatibility adds connectivity for USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 devices to get the best combination of speed and universal access.
- iSCSI Target
- The classic set-and-forget architecture allows you configure your storage as a regular disk over the network and use it on a daily basis.
- Remote Administration
- You can simply connect to an easy-to-remember link and remotely access the control panel through any web browser on any computer.