The Samsung NX mount Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 ED AS IF UMC Lens is a prime wide-angle lens designed for APS-C sized sensors. Providing a 35mm-equivalent focal length of 36mm, this lens is well-suited to working in a variety of situations ranging from landscape to street photography. Its fast f/1.4 maximum aperture is further beneficial to working in low-light conditions and for greater control over selective focus and shallow depth of field effects.
Two aspherical elements have been incorporated into the optical design to minimize chromatic aberrations in order to produce sharper images. A UMC coating has also been applied to lens elements to reduce surface reflections and prevent lens flare and ghosting for improved light transmission and more contrast-rich imagery. Additionally, the lens' manual focus design incorporates an inner-focusing mechanism to maintain the overall lens length when changing focus.
- Wide-angle prime lens is well-suited to use in a broad variety of shooting situations.
- Fast f/1.4 maximum aperture benefits working in low-light conditions and provides greater control over focus placement for shallow depth of field applications.
- Four extra-low dispersion elements and two aspherical elements reduce chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater sharpness and clarity.
- UMC coating improves light transmission and suppresses lens flare and ghosting for more contrast-rich, color-neutral images.
- Inner-focusing mechanism maintains overall lens length while focusing and helps to prevent dust from entering the lens barrel.
- Eight rounded aperture blades help to produce an aesthetic out-of-focus quality to benefit selective focus and shallow depth of field imagery.