The 18Xs MkII from Lindell Audio is a single channel microphone preamp mated with a two band Pultec style EQ, housed in a 2U, 19" rackmount enclosure. It features an all discrete design based upon based upon the company's Hybrid amplifiers. The preamp delivers up to 65 dB of gain, has switchable 48V phantom power, and a polarity switch.
The EQ features low- and high-frequency boost along with low and high frequency attenuation, a hallmark of the Pultec design. This unique ability to boost and cut the same or close frequencies simultaneously, creates a sought after resonant shelf. The EQ also provides up to 15 dB of boost in the high end and a "Mix Knob" allows for parallel equalization of the line input.
- Transformer coupled balanced input and output
- Up to 65 db of gain
- High impedance DI input
- Passive Pultec Equalizer using inductor plus Hybrid gain make-up amplifier
- Switched five step low frequency boost and attenuation
- Switched five step high frequency boost
- Switched five step high frequency attenuation
- Variable mix control for parallel equalization
- Direct balanced output: Pre - post the mix knob
- Switchable 48V phantom power
- Polarity reverse switch
- Output VU meter