The Golden Age Project EQ-73 is a surprisingly affordable, vintage-sounding equalizer with Class-A circuitry similar to that in the renowned 1073 module. The EQ-73 is equipped with three frequency bands, including a dual-inductor mid band. Each band offers a selection of fixed EQ points that can be boosted or cut by +/- 15 dB for the low and mid frequencies and +/- 18 dB for the high frequencies. Front-panel bypass switches allow you to turn each band on and off individually.
The solidly built, 1/2-rack size EQ-73 features a 1/4-inch insert jack as its sole I/O. The unit is designed to work in tandem with one of Golden Age Project's Pre-73 preamps, but is also compatible with any device that features a low-level insert jack.
- Vintage-style electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal path
- 3-bands with a dual-inductor-based mid-frequency band
- Stepped frequency selection
- A wide selection of frequencies from 20 Hz to 24 kHz
- Control range up to +/- 18 dB
- Separate bypass switches for each band
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path
- Made to be used together with one of the Golden Age Project Pre-73 models with an insert jack, and will work with any unit with a low-level insert
- TRS jack for in-and output connection, the nominal working level is around 18 dBu
- Selectable ground lift switch
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits
- Great sound that suits most sound sources and genres
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use