The FC 1 MK II is an ultra-affordable, large-diaphragm condenser from Golden Age Project, featuring a design inspired by classic studio mics. Housed in a heavy-duty brass body, the mic features a fixed cardioid pattern and an internally switched 100 Hz high-pass filter.
With a wide frequency response and large dynamic range, the FC 1 MK II is a versatile performer for studio, stage, or broadcast applications. The mic has a sweet-sounding top end, and its high SPL capabilities allow it to cleanly capture loud sources. Its output transformer is adept at handling bass, and helps provide the mic with a fat-sounding bottom end.
The FC 1 MK II is recommended for vocals, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, other fretted instruments, as a drum overhead or room mic, and in other applications where a large-diaphragm condenser is appropriate. It comes with a spider-style shock mount.
- True condenser mic with 26 mm 6 um gold-sputtered, low-distortion capsule, mounted on an effective internal shock mount.
- Contains a low-noise F.E.T. as its first amplifying device
- Discrete, Class-A electronics with vintage-style EQ and a transformer-balanced output stage
- Cardioid polar pattern
- Internal switch for a 100 Hz high-pass filter
- Heavy-duty brass body
- Spider-style shock mount included
- Gold-plated XLR connector
- Requires phantom power