The Golden Age Project FC 2 ST is comprised of a well-priced, matched stereo pair of FC 2 large-diaphragm, F.E.T. condenser microphones. Along with the mics you get a stereo mounting bar, which allows you to configure the microphones using X-Y, ORTF, spaced pair, and other stereo-miking configurations. You also get a spider-type shock mount for each mic.
The cardioid FC 2 mic was inspired by vintage mic designs, and features discrete Class-A electronics. A 100 Hz high-pass filter is provided to help prevent rumble and other unwanted low-end information from being recorded. A 10 dB pad lets you attenuate the input level when recording especially loud sources.
Each FC 2 has a heavy-duty brass body; a gold-plated XLR connector; and a gold-sputtered, low-distortion capsule. With a wide frequency response and a large dynamic range, the FC 2 is versatile enough to handle studio, live-sound, or broadcast applications.
The two FC 2 mics are matched within 1 dB, and are recommended for drums (as overheads and room mics), acoustic guitars, choirs, amps, organs, percussion, and more. Singly, the mics work great on vocals, acoustic and electric guitars, other fretted instruments, and any applications where a large-diaphragm condenser is called for.
- Matched Stereo Pair
- True condenser mics with 26 mm, 6 um gold-sputtered, low-distortion capsules mounted on effective internal shock mounts
- Low-noise F.E.T. used as first amplifying device
- Discrete, Class-A electronics with vintage style EQs and a transformer-balanced output stages
- Cardioid polar pattern
- External switches for 100 Hz high-pass filter and 10 dB pad on each mic
- Heavy-duty brass bodies
- Shock mounts included
- Stereo mounting bar included
- Each mic's XLR connector is gold plated
- Mics require 48V phantom power