The FC 4 from Golden Age Project is a low-cost, high-quality small-capsule condenser microphone that was inspired by classic mic models. The FC 4 features a 20 mm, 3 um gold-sputtered, low-distortion dual capsule; discrete Class-A electronics; a heavy-duty brass body; and a high-pass filter and pad that are both externally switched. A shock mount is included in the package.
With a transparent sound, a wide frequency response, and a large dynamic range, the FC 4 offers excellent versatility. It's suitable for studio, stage, and broadcast applications.
The mic is recommended for choirs, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, and other stringed instruments. It's also useful as a drum overhead on high hats, as a room mic, or in any other situation where a small-capsule condenser is called for.
The FC 4 is also available in a multi-capsule version (FC 4 MC), and in a matched stereo pair (FC 4 ST).
- True condenser mic with 28 mm, 3 um gold-sputtered, low-distortion dual capsule mounted on an effective internal shock mount
- Low-noise F.E.T. used as first amplifying device
- Discrete Class-A electronics and transformerless, balanced output stage
- External switches for high-pass filter and pad
- Heavy-duty brass body
- Shock mount included
- Gold-plated XLR
- Requires 48V phantom power