The FC 4 MC from Golden Age Project is a low-cost, high-quality, small-capsule condenser microphone that was inspired by classic mic models. It comes with three swappable mic heads, each providing a different polar pattern. The choices are cardioid, for a narrow, directional pickup; hypercardioid, which is even more narrow and focused; and omni, which picks up all around the capsule equally.
Each capsule has a 20 mm, 3 um gold-sputtered diaphragm, and a low-distortion design. The FC 4 MC features Class-A electronics, a heavy-duty brass body, and a high-pass filter and pad that are both externally switched. A shock mount is included in the box.
With its multiple patterns, transparent sound, wide frequency response, and large dynamic range, the FC 4 MC is an extremely versatile mic. It's suitable for studio, stage, and broadcast applications.
The mic is recommended for choirs, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, and other stringed instruments. It's also useful as a drum overhead on high hats, as a room mic, or in any other situation where a small-capsule condenser is called for.
The FC 4 MC is also available in a cardioid-only version (FC 4), and in a matched stereo pair (FC 4 ST).
- Three swappable mic heads, each with a different polar pattern (cardioid, hypercardiod, and omni)
- True condenser mic. Each of the three capusules is a 28 mm, 3 um gold-sputtered, low-distortion design, and is mounted on an effective internal shock mount
- Low-noise F.E.T. used as first amplifying device
- Discrete Class-A electronics and transformerless, balanced output stage
- External switches for high-pass filter and pad
- Heavy-duty brass body
- Shock mount included
- Gold-plated XLR
- Requires 48V phantom power