The FC 4 ST from Golden Age Project is a matched stereo pair of low-cost, high-quality, small-capsule condenser microphones that were inspired by classic mic models. The mics were matched within 1 dB and are suitable for individual mono applications or for use in stereo configurations like X-Y, ORTF, spaced pair, and more. A stereo mounting bar is included to facilitate such techniques. Each mic also comes with its own shock mount.
Each FC 4 features a 20 mm, 3 um gold-sputtered, low-distortion dual capsule; discrete Class-A electronics; a heavy-duty brass body; and a high-pass filter and pad that are both externally switched.
With a transparent sound, a wide frequency response, and a large dynamic range, the FC 4 offers excellent versatility. It's suitable for studio, stage, and broadcast applications.
The mics are recommended for choirs, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, and other stringed instruments. They're also useful as drum overheads, as room mics, or in any other situation where small-capsule condensers are called for.
You can also purchase the FC 4 individually, or in a multi-capsule version, the FC 4 MC.
- Mics are stereo matched within 1 dB
- True condenser mics; each has a 28 mm, 3 um gold-sputtered, low-distortion dual capsule mounted on an effective internal shock mount
- A low-noise F.E.T. is the first amplifying device
- Equipped with Class-A electronics and transformerless, balanced output stages
- External switches control the high-pass filter and pad functions
- Heavy-duty brass bodies and gold-plated XLR connectors
- A shock mount is included for each FC 4
- Comes with a mounting bar to facilitate stereo-miking configurations
- 48 V phantom power is required