The TC 1 from Golden Age Project is a multi-pattern tube condenser mic that was inspired by classic models. It offers warm sound and high-end features at a surprisingly low cost. The mic is equipped with a selected, low-noise 6072/12AT7 vacuum tube, and features discrete, Class-A electronics, vintage-style EQ, and a transformer-balanced output stage.
You can choose between cardioid, omni, figure-8, and six intermediate polar patterns, giving you a huge range of sound-pickup options. The TC 1 also features a wide frequency response and a large dynamic range. All told, it's an incredibly versatile microphone, and can be used in a variety of applications in the studio, onstage, or for broadcast.
The mic is recommended for lead and background vocals, choirs, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, and other fretted instruments. It also works great as a drum overhead or room mic, or in other situations where a vintage-sounding tube mic is called for.
An included external power supply provides juice for the TC 1, and it houses the polar pattern selector. The mic also comes with a sturdy aluminum flight case and a power supply connection cable.
- True condenser mic with 26 mm 3 um, gold-sputtered, low-distortion dual capsule mounted on an effective internal shock mount
- Equipped with a selected low-noise 6072/12AT7 vacuum tube
- Discrete, Class-A tube electronics with vintage-style EQ and transformer-balanced output stage
- Nine polar patterns including cardioid, omni, figure-8, and six intermediate stages, give you many ways to model the sound. The room pickup, proximity effect, and tonal response change with the different patterns
- External switches for high-pass filter and pad
- Heavy-duty brass body
- Shock mount included
- External power supply with polar pattern selector