The NewTek Virtual Set Editor 2 (Two Licenses) is a software application that lets you create a lifelike, virtual studio set, such as a newsroom, around one or more people/hosts/guests. You can choose from numerous virtual set presets and edit them or create your own sets from scratch. You can adjust color schemes, add custom artwork, reflective surfaces, camera movements, live video layers, and have live video bend with the curve of a wall. A feature called Animation Store Creator with a TransWarp effects engine will additionally let you add customized animated transitions with alpha channel and embedded audio, real-time cloth dynamics, warped animated 3D effects and transformations, and motion overlays. Virtual Set Editor simultaneously supports up to four live video sources that can be scaled, rotated, and even mapped to 3D shapes.
The program works in conjunction with a TriCaster. Just place a green screen behind yourself, plug a camera into the TriCaster, and the virtual set you select and design will fill in the rest. All HD versions of TriCaster are compatible. The green screen only has to be big enough to cover the person or people in front of the camera.
The application comes with two licenses -- one for a TriCaster and the other for standalone use on a Windows-compatible PC. The standalone license is for editing sets outside of the TriCaster. Every TriCaster already has some virtual sets. The Virtual Set Editor just has many more and lets you edit them.
- Dual Licenses
- Dual licenses to extend your design workflow from a TriCaster to a standalone Windows workstation
- Animation Store Creator
- Built-in Animation Store Creator to transform custom image sequences into animated transitions with 3D TransWarp effects and audio (Animation Store Creator will not be accessible on TriCaster models that do not support Animation Store transitions)
- Generate from Layered PSD Files
- Generate projects from layered PSD files (including keyed out areas); design sets from scratch in your favorite graphics creation application; import and customize
- Realistic Camera Operation
- Get realistic virtual camera operation, with adjustable shot framing and animated movements
- Multiple Angles
- Customizable starter sets with multiple angles, real-time reflections and specular highlights
- User-Friendly Controls
- User-friendly controls for quick and easy creation right out of the box
- Export as LiveSet Installer
- Export as executable LiveSet installer for use with any HD version TriCaster, such as TriCaster 40 and 455
- Network Updates
- Instant availability of new virtual sets and effects, with support for output and update over the network to TriCaster (select set features and effects may not be fully supported by all TriCaster models)