The PuigChild 660 & 670 TDM from Waves is a plug-in that emulates the sound of the now legendary Fairchild compressor. Originally designed for vinyl mastering, the now remaining hardware units command "artwork" prices and are virtual unobtainable to mere mortals.
However, the sound characteristics of the unit are universally sought after. The Waves plug-in has captured every distinctive nuance of Jack Joseph Puig's Fairchild 670, along with every detail of its rich harmonic complexity. Linked and unlinked modes are included, as is a lateral vertical mode for optimal stereo imaging.
- Lateral Vertical Mode (MS compression) for optimal stereo imaging
- Linked and unlinked modes
- Up to 24-bit/192 kHz resolution
- Mono and stereo components
- Input Gain: -20 to 0
- Threshold: 0 to 10 (0.1 steps)
- Time Constant: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- On/Off: on, off
- Mains: off, 50 Hz, 60 Hz
- Link: left/right, linked, lateral/vertical
- Output: -18 dB to 18 dB (0.1 steps)