The Lightning Strike! Micro MT PRO 3.0 Shutter Trigger for Select Canon Cameras by AEO Photo is a light and motion activated camera triggering device designed to capture images of lightning, fireworks and other light producing events. We have all tried to shoot photos of lightning or fireworks, probably with limited success, but the Lightning Strike! Micro MT PRO 3.0 Trigger can give us a leg up on that tricky enterprise. Attached directly to your camera's hot shoe, the Micro MT PRO 3.0 detects lightning in the distance and triggers your camera in an incredible 0.1 milliseconds to capture the power and beauty of a lightning strike.
Unlike the other Lightning Strike! models, the MT is so designated because it is a multi-trigger system with a Lightning Mode and a Motion Mode, operated by a simple switch. In Lightning Mode, the sensor reacts to bursts of light in day or night and in Motion Mode, a 10M PIR sensor with a fresnel lens will trigger the camera when movement is detected within a 10 meter radius.
The Lightning Strike! Micro MT PRO 3.0 is extremely compact and well designed, measuring 2.75" x 2.25" x 0.75" (7.0 x 5.7 x 1.9 cm). The MT PRO 3.0 model features a locking hot shoe and tripod mount and a manually controlled sensitivity override for better triggering control in varied situations. Unique to the Lightning Strike! are their proprietary electronics which allow for image review after every shot and improved noise immunity to help eliminate unwanted firings.
Little touches, like the low profile LED to minimize reflections when shooting through windows and a "positive action" ON/OFF switch that will not activate accidentally and drain your battery make this a perfect tool for storm chasers. The Micro MT PRO 3.0 is compatible with most DSLR cameras and utilizes cables specific to each camera. This model comes with a Canon N3 3-pin cable and is compatible with Canon EOS 3, 6D, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, D30, D60, D2000 (Kodak DCS520), 1D, 1D Mark II, 1D Mark IV, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark III, 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 1v/HS cameras.
Note: Individual camera shutter lag and exposure settings will determine how fast your camera fires.
- Compact, well-designed lightning trigger, measuring 2.75" x 2.25" x 0.75" (7.0 x 5.7 x 1.9 cm).
- Multi-trigger (MT) switch allows for dedicated function as either lightning activated trigger or motion activated trigger.
- Manual Sensitivity Control Override allows for greater triggering control to correspond with each and every shooting environment.
- Low profile "positive action" slide switch will not accidentally activate and drain battery.
- Low profile LED minimizes reflection of light when used shooting through windows and windshields.
- The Lightning Strike! Micro MT PRO 3.0 version has upgraded to improve its noise immunity (shutter hammer) from man-made sources. This helps to reduce unintended camera firings.
- Compatible with Canon EOS 3, 6D, 7D, 10D, 20D, 30D, 40D, 50D, D30, D60, D2000 (Kodak DCS520), 1D, 1D Mark II, 1D Mark IV, 1Ds, 1Ds Mark III, 5D, 5D Mark II, 5D Mark III, 1v/HS cameras.
- Includes custom fit Micro Pelican case and a locking hot shoe/tripod mount.
- Includes two 1/2 AA batteries. Also compatible with long-life 3.6V Lithium batteries, sold separately.