The Leader 8.4" LV5382 Multi SDI/HDMI Portable Waveform Monitor is a multi-input monitor that lets you monitor SD/HD-SDI or HDMI signals with a rich assortment of features such as waveform and vector display. It has two HD-SDI input connectors, two re-clocked SDI signal output connectors, one HDMI input connector, and one HDMI output connector. The LV5382 supports simultaneous dual HD-SDI inputs display and supports HDMI frame-packing, side-by-side, and top-and-bottom formats, making it especially useful for monitoring 3D footage. Two loop-through SDI outputs are provided for passing your input signals along to additional devices.
The LV5382 has a wide range of display options, including waveform, vector, image, audio, status, and 5-bay in various combinations or individually. Other advanced features include CINELITE II, screen capture, tri-level sync, and NTSC/PAL black burst support. Embedded SDI and HDMI audio from the input signals can be monitored in stereo via a headphone jack on the front of the device. The LV5382 is powered by 10 to 18 VDC via a standard 4-pin XLR connector, with optional battery mounts available for powering the device using IDX or Anton Bauer batteries. An optional rackmount adapter and handle are also available.
- Features Tailored to 3D Filming
- The monitor can handle 3D content with its support for HD-SDI 2-channel simultaneous display and HDMI frame-packing, side-by-side, and top-and-bottom formats. The monitor has a number of features that are useful for evaluating 3D content. The anaglyph display enables easy expression of stereoscopic vision. The variable grid display is for horizon and parallax checking. The vertical and horizontal reversal feature is necessary when using a mirror rig.
- SDI and HDMI I/O Connectors
- The monitor has two SDI input connectors, two re-clocked SDI signal output connectors, an HDMI input connector, and an HDMI output connector. The HDMI output connector can actively transmit an HDMI input signal or output an HDMI signal that has been converted from an SDI signal. Two SDI loop-through outputs are also available.
- 8.4" TFT LCD
- The TFT LCD display features a resolution of 1024 x 768 and has high color accuracy for monitoring your images.
- Assortment of Display Features
- Not only does the monitor have essential displays for video signal quality monitoring, such as a video signal waveform display and a vector display, it also has a wide assortment of other display features, such as a picture display, audio level meter display, 5-bar display, transmission error detection, and gamut error detection. All features are available in 2D as well as 3D monitoring applications.
- Assortment of Waveform Features
- The monitor uses fully digital waveform display processing to achieve precision and quality. The video signal waveform display has gain, sweep, and cursor measurement features, along with RGB and pseudo-composite display features. In addition to video signal waveforms, the monitor can also display vectors, the Lissajous curves of embedded audio, and level meters.
- Versatile Picture Display
- The monitor has a 1-screen display in which the picture, video signal waveform, vector, or audio meter display can be displayed in a single screen, multi-screen display in which these displays can be combined, and a 2-channel simultaneous display in which two SDI signals can be displayed simultaneously. Also, users can register up to four user layouts that specify preferred display locations and sizes. To create a user layout file, contact your local Leader agent.
- Standard-Equipped CINELITE II
The CINELITE feature makes it easy to manage the levels of specific points on the picture display. This is useful for adjusting the gain of multiple cameras through the use of the same reference point. The CINEZONE feature makes it possible to check the luminance distribution of the whole picture display at a glance.
This feature is not available for HDMI signals.
- Screen Capture Feature
- The display can be captured and stored as still-image data. The captured data can be displayed on the monitor. Additionally, it can be saved as bitmap files to USB memory, which makes it possible to view the data on a PC.
- External Sync Input
The monitor can receive a tri-level sync signal or an NTSC or PAL black burst signal as its external sync signal and then display video signal waveforms with this sync signal as its reference.
This feature is not available for HDMI signals.
- Preset Feature
- Up to 30 sets of panel settings can be registered as presets and loaded easily at a later time. Registration of settings that are used repeatedly can help you work more efficiently. In addition, the monitor has a display mode preset feature that can be used to register the settings for each display-the video signal waveform display, vector display, and picture display. This makes it possible to use the displays according to different usage conditions.
- Key LEDs
- All the panel keys have LEDs. This makes it easy to find the keys even in dark environments.
- Last Memory Feature
- The monitor always keeps a backup of the current settings. When the monitor is restarted, it can be used with the same settings that were in use before it was turned off.
- ID Display
- IDs can be assigned to input signals. IDs are entered from the monitor panel.
- Stereo Headphone Output
- The monitor can deliver the embedded audio of an SDI signal or HDMI signal in stereo through the headphone output jacks.