The WD 1 TB VelociRaptor 3.5" Internal HDD is a powerful new internal SATA drive that boasts a very fast 10,000 RPM cycle, and 6 Gb/s transfer rate, along with a very generous 64MB cache.
With today's high-performance PC chassis running at high temps, it's good to know that the high-capacity of this drive is protected by a 3.5-inch WD backplane-ready enterprise-class mounting frame with a built-in heat sink. Another heat-channeling feature is the cool operating temps, made possible by the unit's ability to consume less idle power, while keeping the VelociRaptor line's trademark low active power benchmark.
There's also the No Touch Ramp Load feature, which ensures that the recording head never touches the physical disk media, keeping it safe when stabilized in the computer, or in the event that you have to move the drive.
High speed and the guarantee of protected power will keep this VelociRaptor line from going extinct for ages.
- Speed and Power
- It doesn't get much faster than a 10,000 RPM spin and a SATA 6Gb/s transfer rate with a 64 MB cache.
- High Capacity
- Even the highest end graphics and video have room to spare on this 1TB drive.
- Ultra-Cool Operation
- Consumes less idle power and uses low active power while doubling the capacity of previous WD VelociRaptor drives.
- Advanced Format (AF)
- AF Technology adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers as one of multiple ways to continue growing hard drive capacities. AF is a more efficient media format that enables increased areal densities.
- IcePack Mounting Frame
- The 2.5-inch WD VelociRaptor is enclosed in a backplane-ready 3.5-inch enterprise-class mounting frame with a built-in heat sink that keeps this powerful drive cool when installed in a high-performance desktop chassis.
- Rotary Acceleration Feed Forward (RAFF)
- Optimizes operation and performance when the drives are used in vibration-prone, multi-drive chassis.
- NoTouch Ramp Load Technology
- The recording head never touches the disk media, ensuring significantly less wear to the recording head and media as well as better drive protection in transit.
- Think Green
- In addition to being ROHS compliant, this generation of WD VelociRaptor is also a halogen free design.
- Preemptive Wear Leveling (PWL)
- Ensures reliability for applications that perform repetitive read/write operations at the same physical location on the disk.