The Luminesque 52mm Multi Coated Filter Kit contains two essential filters for general photography applications. Both filters feature a 12-layer multicoating, which minimizes light reflection. This kit also includes a handy storage pouch.
The UV Filter offers close to a 99% transmission rate. The aluminum filter rings are anodized, which makes them durable and minimizes thread jamming. UV Filters are useful as general lens protectors-they guard the lens elements against dust, moisture, water, residues and grit, as well as drops, impacts or scrapes. This filter absorbs ultraviolet light and reduces haze and flare. No additional coloration or contrast is created by this filter; as a result, it can be stacked with other filters.
Polarizing filters intensify the color of an image by eliminating reflective glare, which in turn makes it possible to capture more saturated color and more contrast. A Polarizer makes white clouds seem whiter, deepens the blue of the sky, and allows you to see the stones beneath the reflective surface of a creek. The effect is strongest when used at a 90-degree angle from the sun.
For best results, Polarizers should be used when the sun is behind you, preferably about 30° off your left or right shoulder. Polarizers are unique because they are among the few filters whose effects cannot be mimicked electronically. Electronic Polarizing filters used in post production are pretty good at emulating the saturated colors rendered by Polarizing filters, but they cannot reduce or eliminate glare and reflections the way glass Polarizers do at the moment the image is made.
- 12-layer multi-coating provides a light transmission rate of close to 99%.
- Anodized aluminum filter ring provides durability and resistance to jamming for easy threading.
- General protection filter blocks dust, moisture, and scratches from lens elements.
- Clear filter provides no additional coloration or contrast, allowing you to pair this filter with others.
- Absorbs UV light and reduces bluish cast of daylight.
Circular Polarizer Filter
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface.
- Provides more saturated, vivid colors in landscape photos.
- Makes skies bluer and clouds pop.
- Allows seeing stones under the surface of the river.
- Circular polarizers are ideal for use with digital cameras and autofocus lenses where a linear polarizer will often disrupt auto exposure and focus features.