The A55VD-VB71 15.6" Notebook Computer (Mocha) from ASUS has powerful quad-core Ivy Bridge Intel Core processing power and seamless multitasking capabilities, which allows for greater energy efficiency and a smooth user experience.
The 15.6" HD widescreen display is backlit with LED lamps, which use less power and provide better image quality than their CCFL counterparts. The screen has a 16:9 aspect ratio, which is also the standard for HDTVs. The nVIDIA GeForce GT 610M graphics card with 2GB of dedicated memory provides a 1366 x 768 native resolution.
The system is powered by a quad-core Ivy Bridge 2.3GHz Intel Core i7-3610QM processor. It also has 8GB of DDR3 RAM, a 750GB 5400rpm hard drive, a SuperMulti DVD burner, 2-in-1 media card reader, 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, an integrated webcam and microphone. There are also built-in Altec Lansing stereo speakers. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Quad-Core Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7 Performance
- This ASUS notebook houses an Ivy Bridge Intel Core i7-3610QM processor. Its quad cores can reach a speed of 2.3GHz. The processor can also be overclocked up to 3.3GHz, thanks to Intel Hyper-Threading technology. With a dedicated 6MB L3 cache, 8GB of DDR3 RAM and Intel Hyper-Threading technology, you'll be able to experience smooth and seamless multitasking
- Classy Metallic Design
- This ASUS notebook features an elegant Mocha color scheme based on premium aluminum textures, which offers an expressive combination of technology and style. The highly durable premium aluminum textures retain their look and quality even during extensive, prolonged use so you can use this ASUS notebook with complete confidence
- A Display of Excellence
- The 15.6" display on this ASUS notebook features LED backlighting and a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The screen is clear of any dead pixels, but by the off chance there is one, the panel is backed by ASUS's 30-Day Zero Bright Dot guarantee. The display also has ASUS Splendid Video Intelligence technology, which provides optimal image quality
- Go Faster with USB 3.0
- The two USB 3.0 ports on this ASUS notebook are up to ten times the speed of USB 2.0. All your files and content can be handled and backed up expediently faster than usual. Say goodbye to long frustrating waits, as even a 25GB Blu-ray movie takes a mere 70 seconds to transfer to a USB 3.0-compliant external hard drive
- IceCool Technology
- IceCool technology allows for this ASUS notebook to stay cool even during long computing sessions. Exclusive dual-sided motherboard design places hot components on the underside and away from users. Combined with heat pipes and vents, palm rests and typing surfaces stay cooler
- Palm Proof Technology
- The intelligent touchpad distinguishes between palm and finger contact to prevent inadvertent cursor movements during typing