The AirStation AC1300 / N900 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Router from Buffalo is an outstanding solution to all of your heavy streaming media needs. Whether you have a family with dozens of devices looking to connect at once, or a gamer / media aficionado looking to find some of the fastest data transfer rates around--the WZR-D1800H can stream anything you throw at it.
Using a next-generation wireless technology (802.11ac), this router provides up to 3x the speeds of 802.11n, but is still backward compatible with any wireless device you have (802.11 a / b / g / n). This means you can download, upload, transfer, and stream your library of HD movie or music files, or play online video games with connection speeds faster than that of your friends. These speeds get up to 450 Mbps on the 2.4 GHz band, and a staggering 1300 Mbps (1.3 Gbps) on the 5.0 GHz band.
Using dual band technology also provides greater stability and range, with less interference and interruptions. Make dead spots a thing of the past with the powerful coverage of this 2.4 GHz / 5.0 GHz dual band router. With its enhanced signal strength and increased range you can confidently get connected, and stay connected, from anywhere in your home.
When you want to plug in rather than connect wirelessly, the WZR-D1800H provides four 10 / 100 / 1000 Gbps RJ-45 Ethernet ports for added stability and even more reliable speeds. Plug in four devices nearby the router, and connect wirelessly to all of the rest, with twice the options you can connect to your network however you'd like.
For blazing-fast, reliable, and secure connections, the AirStation AC1300 / N900 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Router provides the next step in networking, and speeds far outpacing that of previous generations. Whether you want to stream music and videos rather than collect all of those CDs and DVDs, print wirelessly from wherever you are in the house, or game without lag--which could mean the difference between victory and defeat--Buffalo's extreme performance router can handle it all.
Note! Actual data throughput and range will vary depending upon network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction and network overhead. Maximum speed and range is achievable when used with same enhanced mode technology.
- Next-Generation Networking
- While your devices may be built for wireless-N speeds, Buffalo's dual band AirStation router goes one step further into the future and provides an 802.11ac wireless standard that operates up to 3x faster than 802.11n! When operating in the 5.0 GHz spectrum, 802.11ac offers data transfer speeds up to 1300 Mbps--perfect for uninterrupted Full HD video streaming and simultaneous internet access for everyone at home. Along with these enhanced speeds, 802.11ac wireless features improved stability and wireless range. It is also backward compatible with 802.11n devices (as well as a / b / g) so you won't have to worry about anything being incompatible on this high-speed, next-gen network
- Simultaneous Dual Band Speeds
- For simultaneous wireless operation on both the 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz bands, the AirStation WZR-D1800H is perfect for streaming HD movies, music and emailing from multiple devices at the same time. The 2.4 GHz band provides up to 450 Mbps, while the 5.0 GHz band has up to 1300 Mbps (1.3 Gbps). The combination of these bands provides data transfer rates 3x faster than wireless-n routers at a total of 1.75 Gbps! This optimizes your network for interference-free multimedia streaming, from both your personal media libraries, and your favorite music and movie streaming services
- No More Dead Spots
- Dead spots in your home or office can slow down your wireless access and even prevent you from getting online entirely. The WZR-D1800H AirStation features enhanced signal strength and an increased range for improved coverage and reliability over its dual band antennas. This means you can stay connected from anywhere in your home or office, and connect with confidence--every time
- 4x Gigabit Wired Ethernet Connections
- Maximize your wired network speeds with gigabit Ethernet that keeps your data moving fast. With 10 / 100 / 1000 Mbps Ethernet connections, you get maximum speeds for data transmission over the network to move large files, including: HD movies, music, photos, backups, and other digital assets. All network ports on the AirStation router, including LAN and WAN ports, are Gigabit as well
- Security Built-In
- The AirStation WZR-D1800H offers excellent security standards, featuring multi-level wireless encryption options to prevent unauthorized access to your network, and to protect your important data from unwanted visitors. WPA2, WPA-PSK (AES, TKIP), 128/64-bit WEP AOSS and WPS push button setup options all combine to automatically configure and protect your secure wireless connection across any and all connected devices
- Backward Compatibility
- This router allows you to easily upgrade your network from previous wireless standards and still maintain compatibility with your existing adapters or devices--whether you connect an old laptop or a brand new PS Vita. The AirStation WZR-D1800H works with any 11a, 11b, 11g and 11n wireless standard, offering extreme performance to any device you connect
- Network Sharing
- With the built-in USB 2.0 port on the router you can easily connect a USB hard drive for easy file sharing, media streaming and central storage. Or add a printer to your home network and print from anywhere in your home, from any device! Reduce the number of places you need to store and transfer files by keeping them all securely in one central location--for secure and easy access from any computer or mobile device on your home network. Being DLNA Certified means that you can seamlessly connect to, and stream, your favorite movies and music to any DLNA TV or media player
- Easy Setup
- The AirStation AC1300 / N900 Gigabit Dual Band Wireless Router features an easy to use, step by step setup wizard that guides you through configuration from start to finish. Within moments of opening the box you will have a secure wireless home network, and one that you can connect devices to with the simple push of a button