The AF-S NIKKOR 24-85mm f/3.5-4.5G ED VR Lens from Nikon is a versatile zoom lens with wide-angle to telephoto perspectives and VR image stabilization for reduction of the blur caused by camera shake. It's ideal as an everyday lens with a compact design, flexible focal range and fast autofocus. And, it affords superior close focusing with a minimum focus distance of 1.25' from every focal length. Designed for FX format DSLRs it is also compatible with DX-format cameras on which it provides the 35mm focal length equivalence of 36-127.5mm.
Reliable, fast and near-silent auto focus is afforded by the Silent Wave Motor and internal focus system in which only the internal lens groups shift during focus maintaining the compact length of the lens. The M/A Switch mode enables immediate manual focus override for precise critical focus when needed.
In addition to the obvious advantages this versatile lens provides, it also employs a 7-blade rounded diaphragm, three aspherical lens elements and one extra-low dispersion ED element. This optical design controls chromatic aberrations and spherical distortion throughout the zoom range. Also Nikon's Super Integrated Lens Coating reduces ghosting and flare and heightens contrast.
- Versatile Zoom Lens
- With wide-angle to portrait length telephoto capability and a compact build, this is an effective lens for day-to-day carry and useful in many situations. On DX-format cameras it provides a 36-127.5mm focal length equivalence.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM)
- A significant innovation in AF lens technology, Nikon's Silent Wave Motor uses ultrasonic (inaudible) vibrations-rather than a gear system-to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation
- Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization
- Nikon VR (Vibration Reduction) Image Stabilization, which is tailored to each lens, enables handheld shooting at up to four shutter speeds slower than would otherwise be possible for dramatically sharper images and HD videos - even in low light
- Three Aspherical Lens Elements
- The inclusion of aspherical elements virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberration, further improving image integrity
- One Extra-low Dispersion (ED) Element
- A single ED element offers superior sharpness and color correction by effectively minimizing chromatic aberration - even at the widest aperture settings
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC)
- Nikon's Super Integrated Coating enhances light transmission and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare
- M/A Focus Mode Switch
- This NIKKOR lens features a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens
- Superior Close Focus
- The minimum focus distance is just 1.25' at every focal length
- Internal Focusing
- All internal optical movement is limited to the interior of the non-extending lens barrel, which allows for a more compact, lightweight construction - as well as a closer focusing distance
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
- The rounded 7-blade diaphragm renders a pleasing, natural background blur at its wider aperture settings