When you want a more direct-connection between your motherboard and your wireless internet, the 450 Mbps 2.4/5GHz Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter from TP-Link could be all you need. With its 802.11n standard, and 802.11a, b, or g backward compatibility it will easily replace any old wireless adapters without reducing any wireless functionality. Upgrade from one of these older technologies, and get the high-speed benefits of wireless connectivity at up to 450 Mbps--great for HD video steaming or online gaming.
In addition to the convenient backward compatibility, its dual 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands provide more options when it comes to wireless channel support. Your neighbors could be using the same band and channel you are, so by simply switching to a lesser-used one you can dramatically improve your network's performance. This added performance is also helped by the three separate antennas that are connected to the adapter to greatly enhance the sensitivity to the wireless in your home or office.
Not only will your network be faster, but it can also be much safer with this adapter--thanks to the various security features supported. For example, WPA and WPA2 encryption standards ensure your wireless connection is safe from intruders.
- 450 Mbps
- This PCIe adaptor provides a maximum data transfer rate of up to 450 Mbps over its dual band 2.4 - 5.0 GHz channels
- Smoother Viewing Experience
- Smoother video streaming and online gaming can be had by choosing to use the clearer, less utilized 5.0 GHz band for wireless connections
- Not only is it built for 802.11n wireless technology, but it is backward compatible with 802.11a, b, or g--allowing you to use older network adapters seamlessly
- The dual band adapter supports several security features, including 64 / 128 WEP, WPA / WPA2 / WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK (TKIP / AES), and IEEE 802.1X. It also provides an ad-hoc infrastructure mode, and all of these benefits are available to any Windows XP, Vista or 7 computer
- Easy to Install
- For quick and hassle-free installation, use the conveniently bundled utility and installation guide to avoid complications or hang-ups that could delay your network setup
- Well Supported
- Supports 64/128 WEP, WPA /WPA2/WPA-PSK/WPA2-PSK(TKIP/AES), supports IEEE 802.1X. Also supports Windows XP 32/64bit, Vista 32/64bit, Windows 7 32/64bit, and ad-hoc and infrastructure mode