For an easy solution to wirelessly connecting devices to a network, the 300Mbps 2.4/5Ghz N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter from TP-Link does just that, but in a small and powerful design. With its 802.11n standard technology, as well as 802.11a, b, or g backward compatibility, the N600 Adapter will easily replace any old wireless adapters without reducing any wireless functionality or compatibility. Upgrade to this newer technology, and receive the high-speed benefits of wireless connectivity at up to 300 Mbps--great for HD video steaming or online gaming.
In addition to the convenient backward compatibility, its dual 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands provide more options when it comes to wireless channel support. Your neighbors could be using the same band and channel you are, so by simply switching to a lesser-used one you can dramatically improve your network's performance. This added performance is also helped by the three separate antennas that are connected to the adapter--greatly enhancing the sensitivity to the Wi-Fi in your home or office.
Not only will your network be faster, but it can even be safer with this adapter--thanks to the various security features supported. For example, WPA and WPA2 encryption standards ensure your wireless connection is safe from intruders no matter what it's connected to.
- Speed to the Max
- This USB 2.0 adapter provides a maximum data transfer rate of up to 300Mbps over its dual band 2.4 - 5.0 GHz channels
- Smoother Viewing Experience
- Smoother video streaming and online gaming can be had by choosing to use the clearer, less utilized 5.0 GHz band for wireless connections
- Not only is it built for 802.11n wireless technology, but it is backward compatible with 802.11a, b, or g--allowing you to use older network adapters seamlessly
- The dual band adapter supports several security features, including 64 / 128 WEP, WPA / WPA2 / WPA-PSK / WPA2-PSK (TKIP / AES), and IEEE 802.1X. It also provides an ad-hoc infrastructure mode, and all of these benefits are available to any Windows XP, Vista or 7 computer
- For quick and hassle-free installation, use the conveniently bundled utility and installation guide to avoid complications or hang-ups that could delay your network setup