The Sony SNC-EB520 Fixed Indoor Network Camera is a reliable monitoring solution that delivers excellent quality video footage of your home or business. For improved image quality, the camera is equipped with an Exmor CMOS sensor for capturing high resolution images (800 x 600) with minimal noise.
For versatile data management, recorded footage can be captured in MPEG4, JPEG, and H.264 compression formats. In general, JPEG with its higher resolution is ideal for still image capture, while MPEG-4, because of its higher compression rate, is useful for viewing live images over the network. H.264 compression technology allows you to save on storage space while minimizing the bandwidth requirement for operations.
Operating on Sony's DEPA platform that offers intelligent video analytics, the Fixed Indoor Camera provides customizable local alarm triggers and prevents false alarms. It sends images as well as provides related information such as object size and position for advanced downstream video analytics.
The Fixed Indoor Network Camera is compliant with ONVIF (Open Network Video Interface Forum) protocol, which enables exchange and use of information between network video devices from various manufacturers. Power over the Ethernet enables your camera to draw power from the Ethernet cable, eliminating the need for extra power cables.
- Image Quality
- 1/3-type Exmor CMOS sensor to capture high resolution images with low noise characteristics for improved image acquisition
- Supports resolution up to 800 x 600
- 3 to 8mm varifocal lens to cover a wider viewing area
- Multiple Format Support
- H.264 for optimum video image quality at low bandwidth
- MPEG4 where efficient video compression is required
- JPEG for applications where bandwidth is not an issue and where discrete frames are required (such as video analytics)
- DEPA Platform - Intelligent Video Analytics
- Offers intelligent motion detection combining built-in intelligence in the camera itself with object-filters to provide customizable local alarm triggers
- Provides metadata output stream for advanced downstream video analytics
- ONVIF Compliance
- Defines a common protocol for the exchange of information between network video devices including automatic device discovery and video streaming
- Ensures flexibility in building multiple-vendor systems
- Power over Ethernet Capability
- Allows the camera to receive power from the network itself without any extra wiring
- Reduces installation costs, speeds up deployment, and facilitates centralized power management
- Easy Focus Function
- Provides quick and reliable lens focusing during installation and operation
- Can be activated by dedicated buttons on the camera body or via the web interface
- Reduces installation and maintenance time and costs