Many home entertainment products these days provide an abundance of features, be they Blu-ray players, TVs and set top boxes, or computers. What they often lack is a high end converter when decoding audio signals. For music devices that have a digital output, the DacMagic 100 from Cambridge Audio significantly improves the sound quality of these units by providing two channels of high end digital to analog conversion. The result is audio with greater detail, sparkling clarity, and reduced distortion.
The unit features the very latest digital to analog converter that delivers studio-master-quality audio from sources up to 24-bit/192 kHz. USB implementation also means high-resolution digital audio files stored on a computer can be shared with a Hi-fi for a level of sound quality far in excess of CD. Three different digital connectivity options are available (coaxial and optical S/PDIF and USB) providing the ability to connect four devices simultaneously. An easy set-up makes the DacMagic 100 a true digital music enhancement hub.
- Digital to analog converter featuring S/PDIF and TOSLink digital inputs and USB audio input (all 24-bit compatible)
- Wolfson WM8742 24-bit DAC
- 24-bit/96 kHz driverless USB Audio 1.0 input
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB Audio 2.0 input with ASIO or kernel streaming modes
- Asynchronous USB transfer for very low jitter
- USB audio input allows streaming of up to 24-bit/192 kHz audio from computer
- USB audio input allows the DacMagic 100 to act as a high quality DAC/soundcard for a computer
- RCA phono audio output
- Full metal casework design with thick brushed aluminum front panel