Many home entertainment products these days provide an abundance of features, be they Blu-ray players, TVs and set top boxes, or computers. What they often lack is a high end converter when decoding audio signals. For music devices that have a digital output, Cambridge Audio already provides the DacMagic 100, a smaller unit that significantly improves the sound quality of these units.
For those people that want a little more, the company's DacMagic Plus also features two channels of high end digital to analog conversion. The result is audio with greater detail, sparkling clarity, and reduced distortion but with enhanced features. Audio outputs feature both balanced and unbalanced connectivity.
The unit works by taking a digital audio signal from a PC, digital iPod dock, Blu-ray player or TV which has a digital output and analyses, and upgrades it using the company's ATF2 algorithm. It supports digital music of all formats including 24-bit data over USB, allowing the listener to enjoy better than CD quality audio from uncompressed music stored on a PC.
For further convenience, when linked with an optional BT100 audio receiver (plug-and-play) music can be streamed wirelessly from an iPhone, Android Smartphone, iPad, tablet, laptop or any device that supports Bluetooth. And if the Smartphone, tablet or Apple Mac supports the high-end audio aptX CODEC, audiophile-quality music can be enjoyed via the DacMagic Plus.
- Twin Wolfson WM8740 24-bit DACs used in dual differential configuration
- Anagram Technologies ATF2 24-bit/384 kHz audio up-sampling/jitter reduction
- Optional Digital Preamp mode allowing connection directly to power amplifiers or active speakers
- 24-bit/96 kHz driverless USB Audio 1.0
- 24-bit/192 kHz USB Audio 2.0 with ASIO or kernel streaming modes
- Asynchronous USB transfer for very low jitter
- Selectable digital filters - linear phase, minimum phase and steep
- Balanced XLR audio output and RCA phono output
- Two 24-bit digital inputs (with optical or coaxial for each)
- External input for optional BT100 Bluetooth receiver allows audio to be streamed and up-sampled from any paired Bluetooth device
- Supports high quality apt-X Bluetooth CODEC as well as standard SBC Bluetooth CODEC