True, immersive 3D gaming is now achievable on the Toshiba Qosmio X875-Q7290 17.3" Notebook Computer (Black Widow), a loaded new laptop that offers everything that this line of Qosmio laptops offers, with the inclusion of one very cool new feature - 3D graphics.
Powering the graphics underneath this quad-core laptop's hood is an Intel Core i7-3610QM chip, running at 2.3GHz (which you can clock out at 3.3GHz with Intel's Turbo Boost Technology 2.0). The chip is enhanced with a full 16GBs of extra quick DDR3 1600MHz RAM, the maximum this system will allow. It even features a dual hard drive system, with a 1TB cruising at 5400 RPM and a 750GB hard drive blazing at 7200 rpm.
But the real star of this unit is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M/3D Vision card with 3GBs of dedicated GDDR5 RAM. Normally, that card alone, without the 3D, would deliver true, crisp images, speedy frame rates, and amazing graphics. But with the 3D component, it pushes all of that right into your face.
Toshiba's 3D laptops project separate images for the left and right eye, alternating at a super-fast rate. At the same time, active shutter glasses (like the ones included with this laptop) alternately block the right and left eye's view in response to an infrared signal emitted by the laptop. This precise synchronization between screen and glasses creates a sharper, more realistic 3D effect. Normally, most shutter glasses require a battery, and a separate infrared emitter. In order to keep the clean lines of this laptop, Toshiba encased the transmitter in the frame of the laptop, and made the NVIDIA-produced shutter glasses into USB-charged peripherals that won't require the added expense of batteries.
Don't worry about adding expense to your games, either. The X870 line of 3D laptops can auto convert hundreds of 2D games into 3D. You won't have to go out and purchase all of your favorites again - simply install them and watch as they are recreated in 3D glory.
As if that weren't enough, there are also other upgrades from previous models. Because of the 3D aspect, the integrated webcam and microphone is now not only a HD webcam and mic, but also capable of 3D stereo. The DVD drive has also been upgraded to a Blu-ray SuperMulti Drive, capable of reading and writing to a variety of media, and all USB are 3.0 ports (compatible with USB 2.0, of course) for speedy data transfers. The LCD TFT 17.3" LED backlit screen resolution even gets a shot in the arm, pumping its native resolution up to 1920 x 1080, giving you access to 1080p content. HDMI-CEC output allows you to splash these heady graphics across your big screen TV.
Adding 3D is a definite upgrade to this lineup, and one that you may find yourself unable to live without once you experience it.
- Take the Plunge
- Prepare to bring your entertainment to a whole new dimension with this laptop. Thanks to NVIDIA 3D Vision 2 with Lightboost and a brilliant 3D-ready screen, this Qosmio laptop is ready to unleash stereoscopic 3D-wherever you happen to be. Simply don the stylish active-shutter 3D glasses (included) and gaze into the 17.3" diagonal 120Hz HD TruBrite widescreen display. You'll see your games, photos and 3D Blu-ray movies transformed into spectacular 3D.
- The Biggest Names in Performance
- These laptops bring the best performance and graphics around, with the names you know: 3rd-generation dual- and quad-core Intel Core processors; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670M graphics with 3GB of GDDR5 memory; 4 slots of speedy RAM configurable up to 16GB; and a dual hard drive.
- Spectacular Entertainment
- Spin up a DVD or Blu-ray disc and enjoy superb virtual surround listening through chambered harman/kardon quad speakers with Slipstream design and sound enhancements from SRS. Easily stream content with Toshiba Media Controller, or enjoy 1080p output on an HDTV with HDMI.
- Desktop Replacement Versatility
- Along with gaming and multimedia technology, Qosmio laptops also serve as desktop replacement PCs. Huge processing and graphics horsepower and features like a full-size keyboard and 10-key pad, impressive storage, and USB 3.0 ports for connecting to high-speed external devices makes this the one to beat on your desktop.
- 3D Technology
- Enjoy games and movies in truly immersive 3D. Enjoy from your laptop screen or output to a compatible 3D display.
- Toshiba-Exclusive Extras
- Qosmio laptops come with innovative features that make it easier to manage and enjoy your life. Look for USB Sleep & Charge ports to power your smartphone-even while your laptop is off, an Impact-Smart Hard Drive, plus Sleep & Music to make your MP3 player roar through this PC's awesome sound system.
- Killer Good Looks
- Offering Black Widow styling in diamond-textured aluminum, plus a red backlit logo and keyboard, Qosmio laptops are definitely designed with the "cool" factor in mind..
- Intel Wireless Display Capable
- Get an adapter that supports Intel Wireless Display and wirelessly project multimedia to your HDTV with great image clarity and sound.
- Hybrid Hard Drive
- Get the speed and capacity you want with quick flash storage to open commonly used files and applications, plus a standard hard drive to store saved data.
- It's your ticket to brilliant HD movies on the go or splashed across a home theater with your laptop's advanced A/V connections.
- Sync your smart phone and other portables, or expand your PC's entertainment potential with external speakers, or headphones-all without cords.
- Listen and enjoy music from your MP3 player through your laptop speakers even when your laptop is powered down.
- USB Sleep-and-Charge
- Power your smartphone and other USB-based portables-even when your PC is off. Great for charging a cell phone or any USB device while you are on the run.
- Hard Drive Impact Sensor
- Safeguard your data by 'parking' the hard drive heads in the event of a drop or sudden movement.
- PC Health Monitor
- Toshiba's PC Health Monitor alerts you to issues before they become problems, constantly gauging your machine's temperature and power usage, while checking the hard drive to help protect against shocks.