This item is controlled on the U.S. Commerce Control List set forth in the Export Administration Regulations or the U.S. Munitions List set forth in the International Traffic in Arms Regulations, and may require a license or other authorization from the U.S. Government to be exported from the United States. Without limitation, parties purchasing from B&H are solely responsible for determining applicable export licensing requirements and for obtaining any licenses or other authorizations from the appropriate agencies of the U.S. Government that are necessary for exporting the item, such as the U.S. Department of Commerce or the U.S. Department of State.
The Ewa-Marine V300 Underwater Housing for Canon EOS C300 / C300PL / C500 Camera is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Canon EOS C300, C300PL or C500 Cinema Camera with Canon EOS lens. PL lenses or lenses with filter threads larger than 82mm will not fit in this housing, and will thus require a separate custom housing ordered through Ewa-Marine. The V300 accommodates lenses with a maximum length of 5.7" (14.5 cm). It has a depth rating of 32.8' (10 m). The housing provides full access to virtually all camera functions, which are operable through the housing. There is a dedicated slot for the camera's top-mounted monitor.
The housing is constructed from double laminated PVC and has an integrated optically neutral flat glass lens port with a diameter of 100mm. The included CA77 adapter screws onto camera lenses with a 77mm filter thread, connecting the front element of the lens to the interior of the port in order to hold the lens securely in place.
Two clamping rails anodized for corrosion resistance fit together to form a watertight seal. While the housing has positive buoyancy, the weight straps at the bottom of the housing permit the attachment of optional weights for negative buoyancy.
Several accessories are included. Drying agent CD5 helps prevent moisture buildup inside the housing. Foam padding is supplied to fill up extra space inside the housing when shooting above the water's surface, to ensure your camera has a snug fit. Underwater, the water pressure will compress the housing, eliminating excess space. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case is not meant for submersion, but will protect your gear against splashes.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 32.8' (10 m)
- Control Access
- Virtually all camera functions can be operated through the housing
- Crafted from durable double-laminated PVC. Design includes a dedicated slot for the camera's top-mounted monitor. The housing's watertight seal is created via two clamping rails that fit together. The rails are anodized for corrosion resistance
- Lens Port
- Integrated, optically neutral flat glass port with diameter of 100mm accommodates Canon EOS lenses with a maximum length of 5.7" (14.5 cm) and a filter thread up to 82mm in diameter. PL lenses or lenses with filter threads larger than 82mm require a separate custom housing ordered through Ewa-Marine
- CA77 Adapter
- Included with the housing, this essential item screws onto camera lenses with a 77mm filter thread, fixing the front element of the lens to the interior of the port to hold the lens securely in place
- While the housing has positive buoyancy, the weight straps at the bottom permit the attachment of optional weights for negative buoyancy, to keep the housing from floating
- Included Items
- A packet of drying agent CD5 helps prevent the buildup of moisture in the housing, which could of course be harmful to your camcorder. Also supplied is enough foam padding to fill up any extra space inside the housing. This is used to prevent your camcorder from bouncing around. The foam would only be necessary when shooting above the water's surface, because underwater, the water pressure will compress the housing, getting rid of any excess space and providing a snug, secure fit. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case with a plastic interior features a zippered side-pocket. It's not safe for submersion in water, but it will keep your gear dry if it's splashed