The Ewa-Marine VG2 Underwater Housing for Sony NEX-VG20 / VG10 Camcorder is a waterproof case enabling you to shoot beneath the water's surface with your Sony NEX-VG20 or NEX-VG10 Handycam interchangeable lens camcorder. It has a depth rating of 32.8' (10 m). The VG2 provides access to all camcorder functions, which are operable through the housing.
The housing is constructed from double laminated PVC and has an integrated optically neutral flat glass lens port with a diameter of 90mm. It comes with an Ewa-Marine CAF adapter system set for connecting your camcorder lens to the inside of the lens port, in order to hold the lens securely in place. Adapters with a filter thread of 52, 55, 58 and 62mm are included. You can purchase optional filters of other sizes, as well.
Two clamping rails anodized for corrosion resistance fit together to form a watertight seal, and can be tightened via knurled thumb screw knobs. While the housing has positive buoyancy, the weight straps at the bottom of the housing permit the attachment of optional weights for negative buoyancy.
Several accessories are included. Drying agent CD5 helps prevent moisture buildup inside the housing. Foam padding is supplied to fill up extra space inside the housing when shooting above the water's surface, to ensure your camera has a snug fit. Underwater, the water pressure will compress the housing, eliminating excess space. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case is not meant for submersion, but will protect your gear against splashes.
- Depth Rating
- Safe to use at depths up to 32.8' (10 m)
- Control Access
- All camcorder functions can be operated through the housing
- Crafted from durable double-laminated PVC. There is a side pouch for the camcorder's flip-out monitor. The housing's watertight seal is created via two clamping rails that fit together. The rails are anodized for corrosion resistance and are tightened via knurled thumb screw knobs
- Lens Port
- Integrated optically neutral flat glass lens port has a diameter of 90mm
- CAF Adapter System Set
- Adapters fix your camcorder lens to the inside of the lens port, in order to hold the lens securely in place. Adapters with a filter thread of 52, 55, 58 and 62mm are included, while those of other sizes can be purchased separately
- While the housing has positive buoyancy, the weight straps at the bottom permit the attachment of optional weights for negative buoyancy, to keep the housing from floating
- Included Items
- A packet of drying agent CD5 helps prevent the buildup of moisture in the housing, which could of course be harmful to your camcorder. Also supplied is enough foam padding to fill up any extra space inside the housing. This is used to prevent your camcorder from bouncing around. The foam would only be necessary when shooting above the water's surface, because underwater, the water pressure will compress the housing, getting rid of any excess space and providing a snug, secure fit. The included water-resistant yellow carry-case with a plastic interior features a zippered side-pocket. It's not safe for submersion in water, but it will keep your gear dry if it's splashed