The Aspire TimelineU M5-481T-6670-US 14" Ultrabook Computer from Acer is a 4th generation of the Aspire Timeline Series and it joins the Acer Ultrabook family. With a super slim profile of 0.82", a weight of just over 4 pounds and up to 8 hours of battery life, this Acer Ultrabook was built for ultimate mobility.
The 14" HD CineCrystal display on this Acer Ultrabook has a 1366 x 768 native resolution and a 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The screen is also backlit with LED lamps, which brighten faster, use less power and are more energy efficient than their CCFL counterparts. The integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics can dedicate 128MB of the system memory for graphical use, such as Microsoft DirectX 10.1 support.
The system is powered by a 1.5GHz Intel Core i3-2377M processor. It also has 6GB of DDR3 RAM, 520GB of hard drive storage (500GB HDD, 20GB SSD), a SuperMulti DVD burner, 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, an integrated webcam and microphone. It also has built-in stereo speakers. Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) is the installed operating system.
- Intel Core i3 Performance
- Just because this Acer Ultrabook is small and compact doesn't mean it lacks a punch. It houses a 1.5GHz Intel Core i3-2377M processor for optimal multitasking. With Intel Hype-Threading technology, it can multitask CPU-intensive applications without lagging behind
- Portable Home Theater
- Experience your movies, music and photos in high-definition image quality, brilliant colors and stunning life-like visuals with integrated Intel HD 3000 graphics. It also dedicates 128MB of the Acer Ultrabook's system memory for more graphics-intensive applications, such as 3D gaming. A high-definition movie would not be complete without vibrant high quality audio powered by Dolby Home Theater v4. Enjoy powerful beats and smooth melodies over the integrated Acer 3DSonic stereo speakers, headphones or home theater system
- A Display of Excellence
- This Acer Ultrabook has a 14" HD CineCrystal display with Edge to Edge Glass. It has LED backlighting for faster brightening and lower power consumption. If the 1366 x 768 native resolution isn't cutting it for you while at home, its 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio and the built-in HDMI port make it easy to connect to a larger external display, such as a HD monitor or a HDTV (HDMI cable sold separately)
- Elegant Mobility
- This Acer Ultrabook elevates portability to the next level. Measuring only 0.82" thin and weighing in at just over 4 pounds, this Acer Ultrabook can be placed in a backpack or tote bag without adding any bulk. Take it to the office or your favorite coffee shop without breaking a sweat. The pure, uncluttered design not only looks good, but enhances your everyday computing experience
- Instant Startup
- Acer Green Instant On resumes your computing session in less than 2 seconds and from deep sleep in 6 seconds, thanks to the 20GB solid state drive. Solid state drives save data to non-volatile memory microchips and don't have moving parts like the spinning disks or the movable read/write heads of older hard disk drives. The solid state drive allows you to turn on your Acer Ultrabook instantly to access your websites, emails or documents just the way you left them so you can save time and increase productivity
- Constant Connectivity
- Stay connected with 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi. Acer Always Connect gets you to the web in about 2.5 seconds. The integrated 1.3 megapixel HD webcam allows you to video chat with 24 frames per second (fps) while the built-in microphone captures your voice with clear precision. This Acer Ultrabook also has Bluetooth 4.0 technology so you can connect all your peripherals with ease. Acer Green Instant Connect reconnects you to the Internet 4 times faster than comparable notebooks normally would. This Acer Ultrabook remembers previous Wi-Fi spots you've used so that when they're in range, it automatically connects you without the hassle of having to reenter WEP passwords
- Intel Anti-Theft Technology
- Intel Anti-Theft Technology helps protect your data by allowing you to disable your lost or stolen Ultrabook remotely from anywhere in the world