The 16 Channel Xpander Rack Mount Series II (2 Dual-Slots, 2 Single-Slots) from Cubix is a Series II, 2U, external PCIe expansion chassis that can support one server connection with up to two double-wide plus two 8-channel single-wide GPUs. This enables massive parallel calculations independent of the server, thus enhancing system performance and flexibility.With the Xpander Rack Mount you can add hardware-acceleration by using NVIDIA graphics and GPU cards for faster HD-SDI capture or playback, VDI(Virtual Desktop Infrastructure) and thin-client multimedia performance. You can also add third-party I/O cards such as RED Rockets, Blackmagic Design Decklink 4k / 3D Extreme, NVIDIA DVP, ATTO and powerful GPUs like NVIDIA Quadro 4000 / 5000 / 6000, Tesla C2070 / K10 or GeForce GTX 580 / 680 graphics cards.
- The Xpander Rack Mount installs GPUs for blazing fast hardware acceleration, as well as other types of third-party I/O controllers
- It offers support for two dual-slots PCIe Gen 2 x16 I/O cards plus two single-slot PCIe x8 I/O cards
- This Xpander Rack Mount supports one host system in a 2U, 19" rack mount system
- It provides a 750W independent power supply, variable speed and temperature-controlled cooling fans to meet almost any expansion requirement in environments ranging from IT data centers to the most noise-sensitive digital production sets or post-production workstation offices
- For simple and quick installation with minimal impact per rack mount computer, you need to install an HIC and drivers for devices installed in GPU-Xpander
- Each x16 cable and HIC provides a 250 mating cycle duty cycle
- By using the Xpander Rack Mount you can add two dual-slot GPUs plus two 8-channel single-slot cards (RED Rocket, ATTO, or Blackmagic Design Decklink) for supporting a single rack mount computer, which has limited slot expansion capabilities and limited power supply capacities
- You can add third party I/O cards such as RED Rockets, Blackmagic Design Decklink 4k / 3D Extreme, NVIDIA DVP and ATTO to the Xpander Rack Mount Series II
- Add powerful GPUs like NVIDIA Quadro 4000 / 5000 / 6000, Tesla C2070 / K10 or GeForce GTX 580 / 680 graphics cards, while minimizing the ambient noise impact on production sets and broadcast studios.