When looking for storage solutions in today's data heavy environments, you want portability. You want to be able to have your data be as flexible as your schedule, and that's where the Seagate 1TB Backup Plus Portable Drive for Mac (Silver/White) comes in handy. This sleek and stylish small-form hard drive packs a lot of punch in its packages.
They're perfect for protecting and backing up your photos, music or movies on their expansive drives. The series features unique one-click saving/sending of social network site photos, so these are great gifts for teens and tweens looking to keep their Facebook, Flickr, or Instagram memories archived.
The Mac versions in this line are Mac OS and Time Machine ready, with the option of downloading the HFS+ driver to make the drives perfectly compatible between Mac and PC systems. The Mac versions feature USB 2.0 connectivity, and even include the cables. The Seagate Backup Plus series for Mac can have their interface upgraded to FireWire 800, USB 3.0, or Thunderbolt (adapters sold separately).
The PC versions are Windows-ready right from the box, but you can easily install the pre-loaded NTFS driver for Mac, and use the drive interchangeably between PC and Mac computers without reformatting the drive. The PC versions use the speedy USB 3.0 as their interface. All Seagate Backup Plus drives come pre-installed with the Seagate Dashboard on the drive to help you configure your drive for your needs. The PC version drives can be upgraded to Thunderbolt or Firewire 800 interfaces for even more speed (adapters sold separately).
Both versions are bus-powered, so they derive their power solely from the USB cable. No need for messy and bulky power adapters - just plug in your USB cable and you're ready to go. This is a simple and effective storage solution for PC or Mac users that want some breathing space for their data-intensive lifestyles.
- The Seagate Backup Plus portable drive simplifies backup for consumers who want toprotect their entire digital life locally, in the cloud or from social networks. Via the Seagate Dashboard, use the Protect function to set up a one-click plan or customize your scheduled local backup. Keep multiple copies of your files in case disaster strikes.
- With the Save feature, user-generated content can be backed up from your favorite socialnetworks. Capture a photo, post it on a social networking site and let the Seagate Dashboard automatically back up any content posted. Even if the file gets accidentally deleted from the device, another copy can be waiting.
- The Share feature allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once fromyour computer. The days of uploading individual files without creating a new album aregone - simply select files to upload, choose where to post them and even add comments.
- For PC Drives
- Install the pre-loaded NTFS driver for Mac, and use the drive interchangeably betweenPC and Mac computers without reformatting the drive. With the Seagate Backup Plus design, you can upgrade from the included USB 3.0 interface to Thunderbolt technology or FireWire 800 with the available additional adapter (sold separately).
- For Mac Drives
- Install the downloadable HFS+ driver for PC, and use the drive interchangeably between Mac computers and PCs without reformatting. With the Seagate Backup Plus design, you can upgrade from the included USB 2.0 interface to Thunderbolt technology, FireWire 800 or USB 3.0 with the additional adapter (sold separately).