Thin is in, and with the sleek design lines of Ultrabooks and MacBooks dominating the landscape, you may want to invest in the pencil-thin Seagate 500GB Slim Portable Drive for Mac. This power-packed small-form portable drive is easily placed in a purse, handbag, or briefcase without compromising your busy schedule.
The ultra slim unit is perfect for backing up essential data that you just don't have room for - photos, music, movies - and with the one click social media feature, you can instantly have access to all your photos stored on your favorite social site. You can also immediately upload tons of photos at once with another feature on the Seagate Dashboard, an included utility program with these drives.
With simple one-step downloads, you can make the PC drive compatible with Macs, and the Mac drives compatible with PCs. Both versions are bus-powered, so they derive their power solely from the USB cable. No need for messy and bulky power adapters - just plug in your USB cable and you're ready to go. This is a simple and effective storage solution for PC or Mac users that want some extra space without giving up too much room.
- The Seagate Slim portable drive is the thinnest external hard drive for consumers who wantto back up their digital lives and take it on-the-go. At about the thickness of a pencil, theultra-thin metal design allows you to slide the drive in your pocket, purse or backpack andcarry it with you. Via the Seagate Dashboard, use the Protect function to set up a one-clickplan or customize your scheduled local backup. Keep multiple copies of your files in casedisaster strikes.
- With the Save feature, user-generated content can be backed up from your favorite social networks. Capture a photo, post it on a social networking site and let the Seagate Dashboard automatically back up any content posted. Even if the file gets accidentally deleted from the device, another copy can be waiting.
- The Share feature allows multiple files to be uploaded to social networks at once from your computer. The days of uploading individual files without creating a new album are gone - simply select files to upload, choose where to post them and even add comments.
- For PC Drives
- Install the pre-loaded NTFS driver for Mac, and use the drive interchangeably between PC and Mac computers without reformatting the drive.
- For Mac Drives
- Install the downloadable HFS+ driver for PC, and use the drive interchangeably between Mac computers and PCs without reformatting.