The 4TB Mercury Elite Pro Quad Interface External HDD from Other World Computing comes with enough memory to store all of your data, from pictures to videos to important documents. With 300 Megabytes per second data transfer speeds you can transfer that data in the blink of an eye.
This versatile hard drive comes equipped with plug and play capabilities for a variety of connections, from eSATA to FireWire 400 to FireWire 800, and is backwards compatible to USB 2.0. Once connected you can rest assured your data will be safe in the shock resistant casing that encompasses the 4TB Mercury Elite Pro External HDD.
The 4TB Mercury Elite Pro External HDD also comes with a variety of software to help you better manage your data. The Prosoft Engineering Data Backup 3 allows you to backup your data by scheduling your own specific backup dates and times. The Carbon Copy Cloner also allows for complete backup of your data as well as the ability to clone one hard drive to another. The NovaStor NovaBACKUP Solution for Windows not only allows you to backup your data but to restore your data should you suffer data loss. Finally, the Intech SpeedTools Utilities consists of a suite of utilities managed by an application that controls the launching, documentation, and version control of individual component utilities such as Disk Defrag and QuickBack.
With 4TB of storage and ultra-fast data transfer speeds, the 4TB Mercury Elite Pro External HDD can meet all of your data storage needs. The variety of connection options makes this hard drive extremely versatile. Once plugged in, the feature rich software bundle can guide you through your setup and data backup processes.
- High Performance
- With 300 Megabytes per second data transfer speeds the 4TB Mercury Elite Pro External HDD allows you to quickly access and transfer all of your data. The Oxford 944SE bridge chipset combined with the ultra fast SATA drive mechanisms give you the piece of mind that you will always be able to access your data quickly and efficiently.
- Data Speeds
With one USB 2.0 port that's backwards compatible with older USB ports, one eSATA port, two FireWire 800 ports, and one FireWire 400 port, experience data transfer rates between your drive and your computer at the speeds below:
eSATA - 3.0 Gbit/s (or 300 MB/sec)
FireWire 800 - 800Mbps (or 100MB/sec)
FireWire 400 - 400Mbps (or 50MB/sec)
USB 2.0 - 480Mbps (or 60MB/sec)
USB 1.1 - 12Mbps (or 1.5MB/sec)
- The variety of interfaces and the compact, shock-resistant design allow you to use the drive with a wide variety of computers and take it with you wherever you go
- Port / Interface Bootability
- Utilize the 4TB Mercury Elite Pro External HDD as a bootable drive for both Macs and PCs via any one of the offered connectivity options.
- Mac Formatted But Windows Compatible
- Formatted for use with Mac computers but can be reformatted for use with Windows PCs
- Compatible with ProTools
- Three-year limited warranty
A Little Bonus Software
- Prosoft Engineering Data Backup 3
- Data Backup allows you to easily backup files to FireWire and USB drives, network drives, CDs and even DVDs. Make schedules so you don't need to 'think' about backing up your files. It does it for you. It's compatible with Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- Carbon Copy Cloner
- CCC 3 features an interface designed to make the cloning and backup procedure very intuitive. In addition to general backup, CCC can also clone one hard drive to another, copying every single block or file to create an exact replica of your source hard drive. It is compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 or later
- NovaStor NovaBACKUP
- Feature rich, NovaBACKUP provides a powerful backup solution. Built-in support for hundreds of the most popular storage devices and a step-by-step backup and restore wizard makes NovaBACKUP extremely easy to use. It is compatible with Windows 2000 or later
- Intech SpeedTools Utilities
- SpeedTools consists of a suite of utilities managed by an application which controls the launching, documentation and version control of each individual component utility, such as Disk Defrag and QuickBack. Installing and removing the suite is easy and can also be customized if you want to pick and choose which utility components to install. The suite is compatible with MacOS 10.3.9 and later