The G100 Digital Camera (Black) by General Electric is a high resolution, high speed, point and shoot camera with an impressive 28-420mm focal range (in the 35mm format). With that kind of range, there is very little you cannot photograph. On the wide angle end, 28mm opens enough to include broad vistas or long dinner tables full of friends. And the 10x optical zoom ranges to a 420mm telephoto that will bring even the most distant subjects up close. The ISO Sensitivity on this camera can be set at Auto and the camera will determine what setting works best for each shot, but if you like more control, which is helpful especially in low lighting, the ISO on the G100 sets as high as 3200, which will allow for higher shutter speeds and less blur in your photo. And speaking of less blur, optical image stabilization is an in-camera function that adjusts for any unintentional camera movements, giving you sharp photos even when walking.
Thanks to its CMOS sensor, this camera has features usually reserved for higher priced cameras. Continuous shooting of up to 10 frames per second will capture any fast moving action and Full HD 1080p video will tell the stories that still photos cannot. Your high quality videos can be seen immediately on a big, bright 3.0" LCD rear screen or, via the cameras HDMI jack, on any high def television.
The CMOS sensor also enables some of the G100's assistive and creative features. High Dynamic Range+ will incorporate the best, most detailed elements of three exposures of the same image to create one perfectly balanced photo. No more shots where details in the shadows are sacrificed to the highlights or vice versa. Object Tracking is also a high speed function that offers a foolproof way to get great action moments. Focus on your subject and the camera tracks it, holding the focus until you're ready to shoot. Pancapture offers a simple, one-touch way to take serious panoramas, smile detection recognizes a smile and automatically shoots and coolest of all, the multi-exposure feature captures the action of six sequential shots and combines them into a single photo.
With great features, a huge focal range, Full HD Video and High-Speed Continuous Shooting, the G100 is a welcomed addition to the GE Power Pro Series of cameras.
- CMOS Technology
- Aptina A-Pix CMOS pixel technology improves the sensor on the E1410SW which increases the high speed continuous shooting of the camera (10 frames per second) and the improved High Dynamic Range and Object Tracking.
- 28-420mm Optical Zoom Lens
- An incredibly versatile zoom lens that ranges from a true wide angle 28mm to an ultra-telephoto 420mm (in 35mm format). With a lens like this there is no need for another, bring distant items into focus and enjoy all the possibilities of true wide angle photography.
- High Speed Shooting
- Never miss the action with 10 frames per second shooting in high resolution. Shoot like a pro: rattle off ten frames to get one great one. Or combine with Auto Multi-exposure to create single image works of art that capture every move of a great goal, each step in a beautiful dance or every expression on your son's face as he opens up his new gift.
- ISO 3200
- Highly sensitive ISO speeds (1600, 3200) allow for better low-light and fast action photography.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- OIS automatically adjusts for unintentional camera movements to give crisp and blur-free images.
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Capture video moments in high quality Full HD!
- HDMI Output
- High-resolution videos can be seen immediately on your television with a simple connection to the HDMI output on your camera.
- High Dynamic Range +
- When shooting images with shadowed areas and bright light within the same frame, details within both shadow and highlights tend to get lost. HDR+ solves this age old problem by shooting three takes of the same image with slight exposure adjustments then combines the best, most detailed parts of all three to compose one incredibly detailed image. Sound complicated? Don't worry, the camera takes care of it in a split second.
- This is an amazing feature which combines up to six successive shots automatically into one image. Imagine the innovative sports shots you can now take, or the sequence of the candles getting blown out on a birthday cake all in one photo.
- Wide-view photos are easily produced by panning the camera to create a seamless panoramic picture. Push the shutter button once, pan across your scene and you've just created a single-image gorgeous panoramic photograph.
- Object Tracking
- Great for action shots, High Speed Object Tracking allows you to target your subject, focus on it and track it while retaining focus.
- The G100 is available in three colors: black, red and white.