The X500 Bridge Digital Camera (White) by General Electric is the most powerful camera in GE's Power Pro Series. A high resolution 16MP sensor guarantees dynamic, colorful and sharp images that can be enlarged to make beautiful prints. A 15x optical zoom lens that reaches from 27mm to an astounding 405mm (in 35mm format) will get you those shots worthy of printing. This lens really covers a large focal range from true wide angle to ultra-telephoto and you'll benefit from this range, shooting subjects at a great distance or opening up to include everyone around the dinner table.
Optical Image Stabilization and an ISO that reaches 3200 means that, even in low light, you can take sharp, blur- free images. The optical image stabilization compensates for any unintentional movements so it's easier to shoot on the move too.
Bridge cameras are designed to incorporate the best parts of both DSLR's and point and shoots and the X500 provides the control of a DSLR with the auto ease of a point and shoot. Manual, Aperture Priority and Shutter Priority shooting modes offer the element of control when you need it and on the other hand, Auto Scene functions allow the camera to read the scene in front of it and set everything, you just push the shutter button. With Smile Detection you don't even have to push the shutter, the camera recognizes when a smile breaks out and automatically shoots!
Also, like a DSLR, the X500 has a viewfinder and an LCD screen, but not just an ordinary viewfinder. This is an electronic viewfinder that displays the shot you are composing in real time and as it will appear when shot. No more guessing if you are in focus and correctly exposed, know before you shoot. The LCD offers a nice little touch too - Auto Brightness. This will adjust the LCD's brightness based on light conditions, eliminating all that squinting and angling to see the LCD in strong light and, when in a dark space, lowering the brightness to save on battery.
The General Electric X500 Bridge Camera is a powerful, good-looking, ergonomically designed camera that plays a lot bigger than it is. Join the game!
- 27-405mm 15x Optical Zoom Lens
- An incredibly versatile zoom lens that ranges from a true wide angle 27mm to an ultra-telephoto 405mm (in 35mm format). With a lens like this there is no need for another, bring distant items into focus and enjoy all the possibilities of true wide angle photography.
- High Resolution Images
- The X500 High Resolution Sensor offers images up to an incredible 16 megapixels in size. Images this big can be enlarged to make gorgeous, large prints. Seven distinct size options are available. If you don't need such large files, drop down to as low 0.3MP for shots that you will only email to friends.
- ISO 3200
- Highly sensitive ISO speeds (1600, 3200) allow for better low-light and fast action photography. The X500 offers Auto ISO and ranges up to 3200.
- Electronic View Finder
- In addition to its LCD screen, the X500 has an electronic viewfinder that displays the image you are to shoot in real time and as it will look like. Have no doubt about how your photo will turn-out, use the electronic viewfinder to compose your image and to check that it's exposed as you want it.
- Auto Brightness
- The rear screen LCD monitor will automatically adjust its brightness to match the existing lighting conditions. No more squinting and angling to see the LCD when shooting in harsh sunlight and in darker spaces, the LCD is bright and colorful but can turn down to save on battery.
- Optical Image Stabilization
- OIS automatically adjusts for unintentional camera movements to give crisp and blur-free images.
- Full HD 1080p Video
- Capture video moments in high quality Full HD!
- High Dynamic Range +
- When shooting images with shadowed areas and bright light within the same frame, details within both shadow and highlights tend to get lost. HDR+ solves this age old problem by shooting three takes of the same image with slight exposure adjustments then combines the best, most detailed parts of all three to compose one incredibly detailed image. Sound complicated? Don't worry, the camera takes care of it in a split second.
- Face Auto Exposure
- The X500 recognizes when a face is in the frame and exposes the image to highlight facial features so the face is properly exposed and not the background or other areas within the frame.
- Auto Scene
- Auto Scene will automatically gauge the camera's settings to match the scene it detects and provide the sharpest, most vibrant pictures possible. Auto Scene modes include: Sport, Children, Indoor, Leaf, Snow, Beach, Text, Party, ID, Fisheye, Panning shot,Photo frame, Sketch, Sunset, Fireworks, Glass, Museum, Landscape, Night Landscape, Night Portrait.
- The X500 is available in two colors: black and white.