Lens on Life: Documenting Your World Through Photography by Focal Press will get you inspired with spontaneous documentary photography. Explore, shoot, and share documentary photographs. Lens on Life will sharpen your artistic intuition and give you the confidence to take on personal or professional documentary assignments.
- The perfect book for any photographer looking to broaden your scope from holiday snapshots and posed family groups, whatever camera you use.
- A balance of personal and professional examples makes this book useful if you're capturing family moments in your own backyard or exploring the cultures of the globe.
- A special projects chapter helps you develop the skills of the young photographers in your life, letting you be a part of their creative education.
- Features the work of a number of established documentary photographers in case study form, interviewing them about specific projects so you can refer to a wide variety of styles.
- Diverse insight and perspectives from seasoned photographers including Elliott Erwitt, Elizabeth Fleming, Sion Fullana, Ed Kashi, John Loengard, Beth Rooney, and Rick Smolan
The Power of Documentary
Get Inside the Mind of a Documentary Photographer
Stretch Your Creativity
Find Your Focus and Plan Your Project
Push Through Boundaries & Let Your Subject Guide You
- About the Author
- Stephanie Calabrese Roberts is an award-winning documentary photographer and the creator of LittlePurpleCow Productions. She balances client photography and digital media storytelling assignments with a focus on several long-term personal documentary projects. In Spring 2009, Stephanie won the "Name Your Dream Assignment" global photography competition sponsored by Lenovo and Microsoft. Her photographs and words have been published on LIFE.com, Forbes.com, Digital Photo Magazine and the pilot issue of Photographer's i digital magazine for iPad.