The NVT NV-EC1701-KIT1 Single Camera EoC Transmission System is a compact media converter that allows 10/100 BaseT Ethernet and PoE power to be transmitted using coax cable. These EoC devices are typically used in legacy installations where existing coax is re-deployed as part of an upgrade to IP cameras. Class 2 power of 48 VDC is delivered to one transceiver, which distributes it to up to 4 remote transceivers, and their PoE cameras.
This transceiver is extremely simple to use with no IP or MAC addressing required. Status LEDs indicate power and link connectivity/activity for RJ45 and BNC ports.
- Transmit 10/100 BaseT Full Duplex Ethernet up to 2,500' (750 m) over RG-59 (or similar)
- Powers PoE cameras (or other PoE devices), up to 45 W
- Up to 4 transceivers can be rack mounted on an NV-RMEC16 Rack Mount Tray Kit, connecting up to 16 cameras
- 48 VDC is distributed over the coax to all connected equipment
- Easy configuration, no PC required
- Transparently supports all networking protocols (UDP, TCP / IP, HTTP, etc.)
- One EoC transceiver at the network-end can support up to 4 remote transceivers / IP cameras using an NVT BNC adapter / splitter
- Advanced 128-bit AES encrypted transmission and power technology with built-in transient protection