The LiveBook A2 15.6" i7 Quad-Core Mobile Audio Workstation from Rain Computers Inc. is designed for audio production and DJing with software like Pro Tools and Serato. The quiet cool design uses efficient cooling to keep the system running without excess noise for a virtually silent computing experience.LiveBook A2 is powered by a quad-core Intel "Ivy Bridge" processor and is loaded with 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM for maximum performance and a 7200 rpm hard drive for data storage. Graphics are provided by an integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000 GPU. Its 1920 x 1080 high-resolution, 15.6" (39.6 cm) backlit LCD widescreen display is powered by nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M. Windows 8 is tuned by Rain for audio.
- Intel "Ivy Bridge" Processor
- The Intel "Ivy Bridge" quad-core processors bring massive power to your music with features like Hyper-Threading to add up virtual cores. With a cache up to 16 MB, you have enough power to work with your creative software and start making music in style.
- High-Performance Hard Drives
- Stream your media from a SATA II mechanical drive spinning at 7200 rpm with a 16 MB cache. Or go with new SSD technology by Corsair for incredible performance with no moving parts.
- Low Latency Memory
- LiveBook A2 packs up to 8GB of 1600 MHz DDR3 SDRAM by Corsair in dual-channel mode, enabling you to use many plug-ins to make your music come to life with high performance.
- Back It Up with eSATA 3.0
- A dedicated eSATA port gives you the power to stream your media to and from an external hard drive using the same bandwidth as your internal drive, which makes it fast. It is a reliable choice when you are bringing in a new session to edit, mix and master. The eSATA port offers high-speed streaming up to 3 Gb/s with more throughput and less drag on the processor.
- High-Speed USB 2.0 and 3.0 Drives
- Plug in your USB 3.0 external hard drive and stream your audio at super-high speed, up to 3 Gb/s with no glitches or drop-outs. Use USB 2.0 port for your audio interface, DJ controllers, keyboards, mice and printers.
- Keyboard and Trackpad with Gesture Control
- The soft touch keys and a built-in numeric keyboard give you instant access to your memory points and transport controls. The new trackpad on LiveBook A2 features multi-touch gesture control. This allows you to use one, two, three or four fingers to point, click, rotate and navigate quickly and efficiently. It is an innovative way to take control of your music.
- High-Resolution Display and Security
- LiveBook A2 features 1920 x 1080 high-resolution and a 15.6" (39.6 cm) backlit LCD widescreen display, which is powered by nVIDIA GeForce GT 630M. The hard drive gets locked when it senses movement with Kensington lock port security feature.
- Quiet Cool Design
- LiveBook A2 uses balanced component architecture to prevent the bottlenecks that lead to drop-outs, glitches and distortion. The intelligent cooling system keeps things cool and quiet when you are recording multiple tracks, plug-ins, virtual instruments, which generates heat on processor, memory and hard drives.
- RainZone Internet Safe Zone
- RainZone is a virtual computer that allows you to surf and download without infecting your LiveBook A2. You can email, surf, download and chat without worrying about viruses and malware. You just have to shut down RainZone if a virus is detected.
- Custom BIOS
- Using a custom BIOS, you can seek more power and ensure a stable and compatible environment that brings in a remarkable difference in the performance of LiveBook A2.