The FreeWave Fusion Wireless Flash Trigger & Remote Control for Sony/Minolta SLR from Vello is a versatile, reliable remote control kit that will trigger off-camera flash units and studio lights from up to 320 feet away. It is compatible with Sony DSLR cameras, flash units and studio lights. It can be used to configure up to three different light groups, which can be triggered individually or simultaneously, for a total of seven different combinations, using its multiple groups feature. Simultaneous triggering of multiple light groups requires additional FreeWave Fusion Receivers (available separately).
The FreeWave Fusion also provides the convenience of a wireless camera shutter release, ideal for photographing wildlife, and also for macro and close-up photos or long exposures, where the slightest camera movement can ruin a picture. Working on the 2.4GHz frequency gives you reduced radio interference and an extended range (up to 320' (100 m)) - you don't need to have line-of-sight alignment, either, as radio waves will pass through walls, windows and floors.
Since the FreeWave Fusion does not transmit TTL settings, use of a flash or light unit with full manual control is recommended. You will need to set the power output manually.
Note: This remote does not provide high-voltage sync protection, and is not recommended for use with flash units that have a trigger voltage of more than 6V.
- 2.4GHz Radio Frequency
- 2.4GHz Radio Frequency offers reduced interference and improved wireless signal quality.
- Extended Range
- Range up to 320' (100 m)
- Use as an individual or group wireless flash trigger, and/or as a shutter release remote trigger.
- Multiple Groups
- Configure up to three different light groups and up to seven different group combinations.
- Flash Sync Speed of Up to 1/200 Second
- Take advantage of sync speeds that match the rating of your camera all the way up to 1/200s (on compatible cameras only).
- Flash Wake-Up
- Simply depress the trigger button on the transmitter half-way to pull the flash out of "sleep-mode". Sleep mode allows the flash to power down in between shooting sessions to extend battery life. The wake-up function is only available when used as part of a complete Sony TTL system. If your flash does not have a wake-up function, you may be able to turn off sleep mode. Refer to your flash's manual for instructions.
- One receiver works with multiple camera and light models. Just swap out the connecting cables.
- Dual-Function Shutter Release Button
- Press halfway to focus; press fully to trigger shutter.
- LED Indicators
- Confirm pre-focus, shutter release, flash wake-up, and flash trigger in wireless mode.
- Included Shutter Release Cables Support:
Sony A100, A200, A290, A300, A320, A350, A380, A390, A500, A560, A580, A700, A850, A900, SLT A33, SLT A55, SLT A77, SLT A35, SLT A65
Minolta: 7D, 5D, 7i, 7, A1, A2
- Optional shutter release cables are available to make the remote control function compatible with other brand camera models