The Letus35 MCS ActionCam Bundle for Canon 5D Mark III is a minimal, lightweight camera rig providing you with high functionality and ease of movement. This camera rig was designed to be as compact and nimble as possible for use in tight spaces and for action photography.
The 5D Mark III Cage, to which everything else is attached, is CNC-milled aluminum and hard anodized for durability. The cage design incorporates numerous 1/4-20" and 3/8-16" sockets around the entire cage for a large variety of accessory mounting options.
Also included is the MCS Camera Interface Plate. The camera interface plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and is the mounting platform for attaching your camera to the quick release base of the cage. Included with the Action Cam bundle is the short plate, which is designed to only extend the length of the cage and does not provide support for a rear stabilizer. It is also machined from high-grade aluminum and anodized for additional strength.
Other accessories included with the bundle are a dovetail, a quick release clamp, a clamp-to-rod adapter, a handle, and a pair of 6" (15.4 cm) black rods. These pieces work together in establishing a strong camera rig system that provides a multitude of mounting options for accessories and other tools.
- 5D Mark III Non-Powered Cage
- The cage is built from CNC-milled high-grade aluminum that is hard anodized for further durability. Featuring numerous 1/4-20" and 3/8-16" sockets, this cage permits mounting a large variety of accessories to the cage as well as being able to easily mount the cage to other platforms. It is highly durable and lightweight, weighing just over a pound; this cage is easy to maneuver and provides protection to your camera body.
- Camera Interface Plate
- The camera interface plate attaches to the bottom of the camera and is the mounting platform for attaching your camera to the quick release base of the cage. Included with the Action Cam bundle is the short plate, which is designed to only extend the length of the cage and does not provide support for a rear stabilizer. It is also machined from high grade aluminum and anodized for additional strength.
- The dovetail is typically mounted to the camera cage and provides flexible positioning for the quick release clamp. Outfitted with 1/4-20" mounting holes along the border of the dovetail, it can be mounted and easily aligned on a variety of bases.
- Quick Release Clamp
- Designed to work quickly and efficiently with the dovetail, the quick release clamp allows for system modifications on the fly. It is perfect for mounting accessories such as an extra handle or a remote for a follow focus above the lens and having them be easily accessible. The design also integrates a blind attachment system, allowing you to simply push the quick release onto the dovetail for connection instead of having to use two hands or precisely line it up for proper attachment.
- Clamp to Rod Adapter
- This adapter works in conjunction with the quick release clamp and provides simple attachment of two standard 15mm rods to the top clamp. The rods are necessary for use with iris rods and a remote follow focus. This adapter brings flexibility to where you can mount your accessories by making use of the quick release and dovetail.
- 6" Rods
- These 6" black rods are an industry-standard 15mm in diameter and provide mounting accessibility for a follow focus and other accessories. They are made from hard-anodized aluminum for durability and smoothness of use.
- Top Handle
- This handle provides a versatile grip point that can be mounted to the standard 15mm rods for a large variety of placement options. Featuring a stainless steel rosette pivot plate, the handle can be rotated and locked in 30° increments. It is CNC-milled from high-grade billet aluminum and features a silicon grip for extra comfort and durability.