The Western Digital 320GB Scorpio Blue 2.5" Internal HDD offers a lot in a little package - high-performance, low power consumption, and quiet and cool operation - all in a mobile sized 2.5" frame.
The generous 320 GB of storage space (which averages out to 91,000 photos, 24 hours of video, or 80,000 songs, give or take a megabyte), is complimented by the 5400 RPM speed, and a hefty 8MB buffer.
A host of other features are part and parcel of this drive - SecurePark, WD's proprietary technology that parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up and spin down and when the drive is off, to ensure that the recording head never touches the disk surface. This will increase the life of the disk and minimize fatal disk errors. And there's WhisperQuiet, WD's other proprietary technology that makes the drive quieter and cooler than standard notebook drives.
This drive features great storage, great features, and a great price. Whether you're looking to upgrade or just want a well-known manufacturer under your hood, the Western Digital Scorpio Blue 2.5" Internal HDD has a lot to offer.
- Low power consumption
- State-of-the-art seeking algorithms optimize the way the drive seeks for data, which significantly improves power consumption.
- Ultra Cool and Quiet
- In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD's exclusive WhisperDrive technology delivers one of the quietest 2.5-inch hard drives on the market.
- Designed for Various Applications
- WD Scorpio Blue has a portfolio of drives to satisfy all your portable computing needs. These drives are available in multiple z-heights including the 9.5mm industry standard, 7mm for use in thin notebooks and compatible with mainstream systems, and 12.5mm primarily for external enclosures.
- WD's SecurePark parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface, resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved nonoperational shock tolerance.
- WD's ShockGuard technology protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
- Tested for compatibility
- WD performed tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in their FIT Lab and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give customers confidence that their drives will work in their systems.
- Advanced Format (AF)
- AF technology is technology adopted by WD and other drive manufacturers to increase media format efficiencies, thus enabling larger drive capacities.