The 2016 Stereo Room from Eventide is a native based reverb plug-in that recreates the sounds of the original hardware unit. It is a "natural" sounding reverb (as opposed to an effect type reverb). The structure of the reverb algorithm combined with the choices of delay lengths, interconnects, filter placement, early reflections, etc. all contribute to the overall sound.
Although the user is allowed to vary the effect dramatically, the controls can't be set in such a way as to create an unnatural sounding effect. The algorithms naturally simulate every aspect of the sound of a real enclosure - from the complex early reflections, to the natural way in which the echo density increases with time, to the smooth Gaussian decay of the reverb tail.
The plug-in is available as an AAX Native and Audio Units plug-in for Mac, and as an AAX Native and VST plug-in for Windows.
Note! This crossgrade is for registered owners of Anthology II who wish to add the 2016 Stereo Room native plug-in. The user's iLok account is needed when registering the product. Requires iLok 2 if one is not already present on the system.
- Natural and distinctive sound
- Simple parametric controls
- Complex early reflections
- Smooth decay tail
- Position control for precise room placement
- Decay control sets the reverb time
- Pre-delay adds a delay before the reverb
- Diffusion alters the character of the space
- EQ block includes corner frequency and gain controls
- Input gain control for precise level matching
- Kill button for quick effect audition