The Radial Engineering H-AMP Passive Headphone Driver is a device that converts the high-level output of a power amplifier or amplified speaker into a signal that is suitable for headphones. It is useful for situations when you want to set up one or more separate headphone mixes from a PA system, such as from active powered speakers, passive speakers connected to an amplifier, or straight from an amplifier.
For connecting headphones to the interface, the unit includes two headphone outputs, one with a 1/4" TRS connector, the other with a selectable 1/4" TRS or 1/8" TRS connector. This allows you to use both large over-the-ear headphones and smaller in-ear monitors or ear buds. Both headphone outputs have a Level control and LED indicators to display signal presence and peak level. For connecting the PA system to the headphone interface, the device includes a Neutrik Speakon 4-pole input connector and a Neutrik Speakon 4-pole pass Thru. The pass Thru enables you to connect up to four H-AMP headphone interfaces together to expand the number of available headphones.
The unit also includes Low, Mid, and High fixed-cut frequency filters for adjusting the signal to suit different types of headphones and mixes. A Phone-2 Bypass button on the side allows you to assign the EQ filter to only the second headphone output. This is useful when you want to provide two separate sets of headphones with two separate mixes from one H-AMP headphone interface.
- Discrete Construction
- For optimal signal transfer and clarity, the device is built with 100% hand-inserted parts
- EQ Filter
- The fixed Low, Mid, or High EQ filter can be assigned to one or both of the headphone outputs
- For controls, the device includes high-temperature custom-made ceramic potentiometers, capable of withstanding up to 200 W of power
- Double-Sided Circuit Board
- To reduce the amount of radio-frequency interference, the headphone-interface circuit is built with a full-ground plane to exacting military-grade standards of reliability
- Steel Construction
- For durability, the device is constructed of 14-gauge I-beam steel
- Bookend Exterior Design
- To protect the switches, knobs, and connectors, the device includes a bookend-style 14-gauge steel perimeter
- No-Slip Neoprene Pad
- So that it will not slip, the bottom of the device includes a neoprene pad