The black Gourmet Extravaganza Rolling Bag from Crumpler is a travel bag slightly larger than Crumpler's Flaked Extravaganza version. With its capacity to accommodate a more expansive camera system, this bag can hold two DSLRs, 5-6 lenses, including a long zoom, two flashes and accessories. It contains three basic storage areas. First, there's your main dual zippered compartment with a removable full-size cradle that will leave you with an empty shell. The bag opens on three sides so you'll always have complete access to the contents. There's also a zippered mesh storage area located under the main lid that contains four zippered mesh pockets for various sized accessories. In front, there's a separate front compartment with full-width zippered wallets and 9-pocket organizer. This area can also hold an iPad held in its own slip pocket. There's also a rear zippered slip pocket for small items.
The removable cradle offers you plenty of options for carrying or storing your gear. It's made from tough EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) and contains twenty touch fastened dividers that allow you to configure the interior to suit your gear needs. There's also a false floor under which you can store additional cables and accessories. And, when you aren't shooting, you can remove the cradle entirely and use the empty shell as a standard piece of luggage for personal use, perhaps, for a weekend get-away. The front zippered compartment contains those 9 previously mentioned pockets designed to hold pens, note pad, cell phone, cards, memory cards and other small items. Your tripod can be attached to the exterior using the included, removable front loops.
The bag comes with injection-molded polyurethane wheels for ease of transport and complemented by a hideaway, push button, three-position telescopic neoprene trolley handle. The wheels are anti-jam in design to prevent rocks, pebbles or other contaminants from stopping your progress. A padded top carry neoprene foam handle makes retrieval of the bag easier when you arrive at your destination.
The Gourmet Extravaganza comes with some security features that enhance its value and use as an equipment bag. A built-in security chain can be used to fasten the bag to any immovable object using a user-supplied TSA (Transportation Security Administration) approved padlock. Even the front and main compartments are lockable using user-supplied padlocks. The hideaway area for the bag's telescopic handle doubles as a see-through pocket for your business card or ID tag.
This bag is made from water-resistant 900D Cordura nylon with 1680D ballistic nylon reinforced on the bag's base. The bag is balanced to be free standing either in horizontal or vertical position. The Gourmet Extravaganza is backed by Crumpler's lifetime guarantee against manufacturer's defects.
- 1680D ballistic nylon on the bag's base with reinforced joining and/or stitching on all stress points
- Three Storage Zones
Twin gripper zippered front compartment with two full-width zippered wallets, nine-pocket organizer
Twin zippered main compartment with removable padded equipment cradle and four zippered mesh wallets
Zippered rear slip pocket
- Removable Interior Cradle
- The bag's main compartment houses a fully removable equipment cradle made from super strong high-density EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate). Featuring thirteen touch fastened padded dividers, this 22 liter space can be configured to your exact needs for every shoot, while its easy access false floor provides additional storage for cables and other accessories. If the entire cradle is removed, the bag can be used as a weekend get-away bag for clothes
- Removable Tripod Holder
- Lets you carry your tripod and still keep both hands free-just cinch it to your bag with the removable front tripod loops
- Neoprene Grip Three-Position Trolley Handle
- At the touch of a button, the telescopic trolley handle extends to full height. When not required, it retreats from view entirely into its zippered hiding space
- Lockable Main and Front Compartments
- The bag's front and main compartments are both fully lockable. The former via padlock loops on its twin zipper grippers. The latter via the TSA (Transportation Security Administration) zipper lock integrated into the bag's side
- Self-Locking Security Chain
- The Gourmet Extravaganza comes with a built-in security chain. Just loop it around the nearest immovable object and secure via the bag's integrated TSA zipper lock
- Anti-Jam Wheels
- Injection-molded polyurethane wheels and wheel housings are designed to prevent jamming from stones and other contaminants, and keep your Gourmet Extravaganza moving freely and easily
- Padded Top Carry Handle
- Featuring neoprene paneling and foam cushioning for maximum comfort, the top carry handle molds to match the natural contours of your hand and fingers
- Removable Padded Shoulder Strap
- A removable 1.5" (38mm) wide strap complete with detachable padding. So if you find yourself in a challenging situation, just bring it out, hook it up and throw it over your shoulder
- Luggage Tag Holder
- The zippered hideaway for the bag's telescopic trolley handle is also home for a convenient see-through slip pocket for your business card or luggage identification
- Free Standing Design
- The structurally reinforced base and injection molded bumpers, wheel housings and trolley handle housing combine to ensure your Gourmet Extravaganza is as stable standing vertically as it is horizontally
- Carry-On Form Factor
- FAA and airline carry-on specifications are subject to change without notice, please check with your airline before designating this case as a carry-on item. Most airlines require carry-on items to have an external linear measurement that is equal to or less than 45.0" (114.3 cm). The external dimensions of this case add up to 50.0" (127.0 cm)