The Vocas 4.5 x 4.5" True-Pol Linear Polarizer Filter helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection from a non-metallic surface. The light from the sun naturally becomes partially polarized due to reflecting off electrons in air molecules, causing the light to scatter into what appears as haze. A polarizing filter arranges, and filters, this directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of this light. This results in a noticeable reduction of glare and reflections from non-metallic surfaces and an increase in the saturation of skies and foliage.
A linear polarizer only differs from a circular polarizer in that it does not contain a quarter wave plane that enables use of auto focus and exposure features. Linear polarizers are best suited for use with manual cameras, such as view cameras, that are not dependent on internal mechanisms to determine focus or metering settings.
This filter is manufactured by Schneider and modified by Vocas for their 4.5 x 4.5" / 114 x 114mm filter holder. It is constructed from crystal-clear, water-white glass for high optical clarity. A unique Edge Seal process is also employed, protecting the filter from edge-chipping and delamination.
- Designed for use with wide angle lenses; 4.5 x 4.5" / 114 x 114mm size helps to prevent vignetting on wider lenses.
- Helps to reduce reflections and glare by filtering out light that has become polarized due to reflection off of a non-metallic surface.
- Polarizing filters arrange, and filter, directionally polarized light perpendicularly to the reflected light, allowing for the absorption of much of the light.
- Clears up haze in distant landscapes and provides more saturated, vivid colors.
- Strongest effect when used at a 90° from the sun.